I Lost My Rubber Bracelet...

I Lost My Rubber Bracelet...

A Story by Treble
"

When someone seems upset about something, no matter how small it seems to you, empathize with them. You never know how big it may have been to them.

"

            I lost my rubber bracelet, the one that said "cure cancer." I had bought 15 of them, then sold 14 and donated the money I made to the cancer fund. I thought the donation could cure cancer. I thought my 15 year old sister would live.

            The day she passed away, I took off my bracelet and buried it under the stuff in my drawer. She had a shirt that said "fight cancer." I burned it. I threw away my sister's teddy bear that said, "Hope." She had put a poster up on the wall next to her bed that said, "Cancer is a word, not a sentence." I ripped it off the wall and put it through the shredder.

            That was a year ago. Today, I wanted to take out the rubber bracelet and put it back on. I opened up the drawer and looked underneath the pile. It wasn't there. Frantically, I threw all the clothes around me on the ground one by one, shaking each of them in case the bracelet was inside a shirt. Crying, I ran to my mom, screaming that I couldn't find it. She helped me look all over the house, but the bracelet was nowhere to be seen.

            I saw my sister's face on the ceiling at night, but slowly, it faded away. The ceiling was completely and forever blank.

© 2017 Treble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story gave me goosebumps whilst I read it. I was able to feel the pain that the character was feeling at the loss of this precious memento. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Treble

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this! A lot of people don't realize that what seems silly cou.. read more
Obscured by the Shadows

7 Years Ago

It was truly moving
Treble

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Would you like me to review something of yours?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2017

Author

Treble
Treble

About
Hi, I'm a young adult, and I love writing poetry and the occasional short story. more..

Writing
Mercy Mercy

A Poem by Treble