Just another story

Just another story

A Story by Michael

A long time ago, in a far off land there was a beautiful princess.

Well, maybe not so long ago...

And maybe not so far off...

And.... maybe there wasn't a princess...

But she was beautiful, no doubt about that. Not beautiful in the normal sense of the word, nor in the polite your-decent-looking-but-I-can't-say-that-or-it'll-be-rude sense. But in the truest sense of the word. Beautiful inside and out.

Too bad she didn't know that. In fact, most everyone else failed to realize this too, everyone save one boy. This boy adored her, had since the first term he had arrived. He was the only one who seemed to see the true beauty that blessed his 2nd class every Tuesday and Thursday.

Even now some of you are saying "Awwww how sweet, I bet he tells her every day!", well let me assure you that he doesn't. He's terrified to. Some may be thinking "he should march right up there and tell her how he feels!". No, that is stupid. How would YOU feel if someone you didn't know came up to you, out of the blue, and confessed his undying love for you in the middle of class? Yeah, that's what I thought. And yes, I know some of you are like "that would be so romantic" but no - you just think that. Its kind a creepy and strange.

Now for another interesting tidbit - the boy has never even spoken to this girl. Strange huh? Well, maybe not so much. You see - this boy is boring. I mean completely average, run-of-the-mill, middle of the bell curve kinda guy. He's terrified that someone who is as wonderful as her would never go for a guy like him. So, he sits and admires from a distance. No, I know what you are thinking. He doesn't stalk her or anything. Just appreciates the bit of light she brings to his week.

And the girl? She doesn't even know he exists. She sits in the front of the class, he sits in the back. She gets to class early, he comes in late. You get the picture.

On the last day of the term in the last class they share the teacher congratulates all the seniors on completing their degree and asks them to stand so the class can wish them farewell. All the seniors stand to a scattering of applause and the girl joins them, standing in the first row. Commencement is tomorrow, the teacher reminds them as they sit down and wishes them luck.

The rest of the class passes and tomorrow comes, just like any other day - and both the girl and the boy live out the rest of their lives.

"But! But!" you may cry, "What happened? Did the boy do something?"

Who knows? It all depends on the boy and the girl. This isn't some sappy love story. This also isn't some anecdotal parable or example. This is just one of the stories of lives we live.

© 2016 Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 29, 2016
Last Updated on May 29, 2016
Tags: romance, real life

Author

Michael
Michael

Atlanta, GA