Merging

Merging

A Chapter by TexasState23
"

This is the first chapter of my book Roof Access. Let me know what you think.

"

CHAPTER ONE

 

I had always dreamt of a house like this. A house with history, A house with character, A house with a story. Through life everyone may find this house. Its different in every ones own way. It may look different or maybe its in a different part of the world. This house for me was placed on a curvy dark road, overcast with tall vintage oaks. The gravel on the roads had been washed away over the years by wind and rain and snow. All that remained was dirt and a few pieces of gravel here and there. No curbs no shoulder, there seemed to be no limitations to this wonderful and god worthy place.  Vegetation had captured most of the landscape and it was the most beautiful mess I had ever laid my eyes upon. Wild life ran freely with no fear of intruders or harm. It was also quiet, only mother natures whispers made it through the dense acres of tress and hills.

            I had stumbled across this mystical place one after noon while surfing the web. I suppose it was a rash decision but the moment my eyes captured the image on the screen my mind dashed off in endless possibilities of what this house could become, what I could become. I had a sudden erg to pack up all my belongings and move, move to what I thought could be the beginning of something wonderful, something only my dreams could imagine.  You see it wasn’t like I was leaving much behind to be honest. My Family of course but that was nothing a plane ticket couldn’t fix. My job, well to be fair I would have to say I didn’t have one, A few odd ball things every once and a while but nothing steady or worth my time.  It seemed this would be the perfect opportunity to start new, a clean slate, and begin a life I had always admired and wanted.

            I wasted no time at all in getting to my destination. I called the owner of the house to tell him I was greatly interested and that It was what I had always dreamed of. He was a nice old man probably in his late sixties; he had a voice that was very soft and gentle. The type of voice that every child wants their grandpa to have, the type of voice that can take a boring old bed time story and turn it into the most marvelous thing in the world. He told me that he loves this house and that it was nearly impossible for him to let go of it, but the time had come and he had to. We settled on a fair price and he informed me on what to do with all the paper work. And then before we hung up he made me promise one thing. He made me promise that for the rest of the days that I breathe that I would never ignore my imagination, that I would always let it run free and that I would always let it grow and prosper no mater my age or condition. He told me that if I do, than this house will be even more than I could ever dream possible, but if I didn’t it would just be like any other wooden frame, old, bare house. I agreed of course and told him I’d see him in a few days. I wouldn’t know it till later, but that phone call is truly what made my life unimaginably so great I would never be able to measure it to any scale.

            That evening I began to file through all of my belongings and decide what would accompany me on the journey to my new destination. First were my clothes. I always new I hadn’t had much of a eye for style so most of my clothes were faded, dull and boring.  I found an old box, in bad shape but good enough to survive and threw my clothes in there. Next I moved to my book shelf where I had a large amount of belongings from past moments in my life; Pictures with old friends, books that I had really connected with and other tokens and small mementos that were key in some part of my life.  Looking at all of it I decided to take a picture of my family, an old book that was ripping at the bind, and a blank notepad.

            This is the point where it really began to hit me that the past moments of my life had merely just been a blur. I was so effortlessly able to dismiss all of these things form my life. With out any remorse or any reminiscing. What had I done, what had I gone through that I couldn’t have lived without? Had there been anything?  Quickly I could pick out a few moments, mainly with my mom, dad, and sister, but that was it. A sudden feeling of emptiness sat in and my eyes began to water. Here I sat twenty-six years old, with nothing to stand for. I made my way to the window of my room to stare out to the rainy abyss that was on the other side of the glass.

            It was foggy outside, quite overcast, and quite gloomy. In a distance though I could see a light. It was faint but it was there. Some ways in the distance I couldn’t make out what It was but I knew it had meaning. I began to imagine the light being my new home, a new place for opportunity. It all began to make sense then. This place I currently lived was a big wall, an impasse, a point I tiredly spent so many years of my life trying to get past but could never manage to do.  I was then determined to conquer what had held me back for so long. It was time I decided; time to break away from what I had always known. No more just going with the flow, no more allowing others to influence my plans and dreams. It was time I took control of my mind, time I took control of my life. 



© 2012 TexasState23


Author's Note

TexasState23
i know its kinda short, but please just let me know what you think so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on November 15, 2012
Last Updated on November 15, 2012
Tags: Nonfiction, Roof, Access, story, dream, house, old


Author

TexasState23
TexasState23

San Marcos, TX



About
Hi! Im 18 and always had a passion for writing just never had the courage to do it and let others see it. I let my imagination run and then try to put it into words. more..

Writing