The Tunnel

The Tunnel

A Poem by Taylor R.
"

For any whom may feel as if they are stuck walking through a dark, never-ending tunnel.

"

The Tunnel

 

Do you ever feel like you’re walking through a tunnel?

When answering this question and applying it to myself, this is what I respond:

I live every day of my life as if I’m walking though a tunnel.

A tunnel is what most think of as an artificial underground passage, especially one built through a hill or under a building, road, or river.

Or even a pass through a potential barrier.

But to me, this barrier and the road that leads through it just keeps getting longer.

This tunnel of life that I am walking through just progresses into further darkness, and I am getting lost.

I’m going forward, but only to find myself struggling to get out of this tunnel.

What is the way out?

What can I do to get out of this tunnel besides keep going forward to escape?

Everyone says to go forward, but what if it’s better to go backwards, back to the way I once came?

I am stunted in my own path, with cold footsteps.

There is nothing but shortened curved walls within this dark tunnel I am in.

For all I know, the end of the tunnel may be near, the end that contains the light of the outside world.

But what if all it is, is more darkness? A dead of night at the end?

Then I will be repeating this cycle that I am in, walking into further darkness within this tunnel.

This tunnel may not ever end, and if it doesn’t, its up to fate for whatever happens next.

Either I die of physical starvation and dehydration,

Or I die of mental exhaustion and the darkness drags me deeper, down to where I cannot progress any further.

I only have two options:

To continue to live in this tunnel in which most call life, and keep walking.

Or to simply let the darkness get me, and have a chance of being released into another light at the end of the tunnel.

© 2016 Taylor R.


Author's Note

Taylor R.
Please do without criticism, and only comment if you can relate or be of seemingly able help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2016
Last Updated on April 3, 2016
Tags: depression, sadness, emotions, feelings, thoughts, personal, life, death, reality

Author

Taylor R.
Taylor R.

Detroit, MI



About
Im a college student writing for myself, but also for any readers who come across my written thoughts. more..

Writing
Losing Losing

A Story by Taylor R.


Commitment Commitment

A Story by Taylor R.