Day 2

Day 2

A Chapter by The Violent Wolf
"

still stuck on the island!!

"
January 11, 2012 �" Day 2
    Last night I thought I heard something so I woke up in the middle of the night. But then I went back to sleep ‘cause I thought it was just the waves (which I’m not used to). Turns out I did hear something. The next morning when I looked around I saw huge indents in the sand, long and skinny. Almost like the kind a snake would make. Actually, exactly like a snake would make. But these ‘slither’ marks weren’t of a snake just passing through. It had crawled all around the campsite, all around us! It had crawled in between our still sleeping forms in the night! It was freaky to think about. And the marks were so big! The width of the widest one I found were as wide as my body! I could lay down in it. But the thing that baffled me the most was the fact that these marks had been made on hard packed dirt. How heavy was this nightmare monster?!
    Everybody else, as they woke up, noticed the imprints right off as well. When Eli saw them, he started whimpering. As in really whimpering, like a dog. A short, fat, red haired dog. It was so weird. Then Eli ran off into the jungle and from what we could hear, he barfed. We all grossed out at the sound. It wasn’t surprising though, Eli was afraid of everything! If you were sitting next to him and you’re both talking to each other and you jumped at him and shouted “Boo!” right in the middle of the conversation, he’ll freak out and start crying. This has actually happened, but Mario had done it and he was a big dude. So yes, Eli is afraid of everything. So, while Eli was barfing his brains out, the rest of us were drinking coconut juice or stoking the fire or just sitting around on their lazy bums. After like 15 minutes, Bede, a Cambodian transfer student, said out loud, “Hey yo, I’ve neva liked that geekeh lil kid, but how long does it take the bugger to barf his brains out?” He was right. Eli hadn’t come back. Was he still out there, sitting under a humongous tree and trying to calm himself? Or had something happened to him? So, somewhat reluctantly we all fanned out from the campsite and plunged into the jungle with partners. Just to keep track of everyone I’ll write them down. Nick and Samantha (duhh, they’re always together); Mario and Nate (bad combo); Emma and Josh; Chrysti and Kori; Hana and Patrick; and then Bede and I were partners. So off we went, tromping into the jungle, calling Eli’s name, and swatting away bugs. The jungle, I swear, is bug heaven. Bede and I didn’t say much to each other, we just swore at the bugs. We had all agreed to meet back at camp in an hour, but it’s hard to measure time when you’re surrounded by tall trees. That’s why watches were made! Bede had this big, chunky, awesome one. So after the hour was up we headed back. We hadn’t found anything, just an ant home inside a humongous log. That wasn’t very fun. When we finally got back to camp nobody else was there. That wasn’t awkward AT ALL! Slowly the others trickled out of the tangle of vines. When the last group came out guess who was with them. Mr. Nichols! How had he survived? I know for a fact that he had been sitting in the back of the plane, the part that had gotten ripped off. So, we all crowded around the ex-army dude and asked how he was still alive. Evidently, right before the planes wings had burst into flames he had gone to the bathroom. But he had gone to the one up near the front of the plane. When the engines on the wings had exploded and started to go down Mr. Nichols had been in there and been knocked unconscious. He hadn’t woken up until after we had searched and left the plane, yet before the plane had sunk beneath the waves. The strange thing is, is that he had gotten onto the island and had not seen us at all. He said he had come onto the island at the same place as we had. It was almost as if something had been covering us, hiding us. Weeeeird…
    In all this excitement about finding Mr. Nichols we had totally forgotten about Eli…AGAIN! So we told Mr. Nichols about Eli going missing. He was baffled. We couldn’t do anything else though, it was already getting dark., we’d done all we could.
    There was a full moon tonight, it was pretty.



© 2012 The Violent Wolf


Author's Note

The Violent Wolf
once again, if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, tell me! haha and tell me what u think of this story so far in general lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh no!!!! What's gonna happen to Eli?! The suspense is killing me! Only reading on will cure me! :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

11 Years Ago

xD
L. Catherine

11 Years Ago

Hahaha :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012
Tags: snake, missing, weird, moon, searching


Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing