Day 3

Day 3

A Chapter by The Violent Wolf
"

oh no....something happened....

"
January 12, 2012 " Day 3
I had a dream last night. It was creepy/weird. In my dream there was a small form/thing under a humongous tree. I think it was a body under the tree. The tree was beautiful. It wasn’t a humongous tall, but rather, a humongous wide tree. The trunk was perfectly round and big enough to fit all my remaining classmates with room to spare. The trees branches reached out over a large area and sort of drooped over, making a sort of canopy. The leaves were interesting. They were minuscule compared to the tree, they were about the size of my thumb. They were an unusual color, too. A sort of bronze-ish color, all shiny and bright. They seemed to glow in the light of the moon. Oh, the moon! It was enormous and beautiful! All silvery white and as bright as the sun. There was a wind coming through, rustling the leaves, which made an oddly musical sound. But there was an ominous under tone. Then I woke up.
That morning I was the first one awake again. Remembering my dream, I walked into the forest, letting my feet guide me, not thinking about where I was going. And that’s when I came upon it. There it was. The beautiful tree. Just like in my dream. Except there were no leaves. None at all on the tree and none on the ground. That’s when I noticed the form. The thing. The body. It was Eli’s body. Lying beneath the tree. It reminded me of my poem from my freshman year at highschool. And I saw it. It had been written on the tree trunk in blood, there were streaks of red, from the blood dripping. It was written exactly how I had written it, including the title…

He’s Dead

Pale moonlight broke,
Over the mighty oak.
A flash of silver in the night,
Then disappears out of sight.

The tree shivers all around,
Over the dark, soaked ground;
Beneath the sleepy leaves
A still form bleeds.

The poem perfectly fit the scene before me. Or maybe the scene fit the poem. It was too weird to believe. Somebody put their hand on my shoulder and I freaked out. But it was just Josh. He had followed me. He told me he’d be right back then left. I just stared at Eli’s body. There was a huge slash on his stomach, guts spilling out. He was curled up in a fetal position. I couldn’t stop staring. Josh came back with Mr. Nichols and the rest of the class. They were all speechless; they were shocked and scared, rather than sad, about Eli’s death. It was the whole scene in front of them, in front of us, that was shocking. One of the girls, Samantha I think, started sobbing. Mr. Nichols escorted us girls back to the campsite then went back and the guys buried Eli. I don’t know where he lies now, though. When they came back we didn’t talk much. We were all too shocked. I think out of all of us I was the most shocked. How had MY poem gotten on that tree? How had I found it on the tree on this island, that I’d never even heard of before out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? What had killed Eli? Who had written my poem on the tree?! These questions kept floating around my head. Everybody walked around in a daze for the rest of the day. Even Mr. Nichols. Usually he’d be bouncing around, being loud and funny. But he was unusually subdued… I’ve got nothing else to say…


© 2012 The Violent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my goodness, really creepy chapter. It really make syou wonder about what happened when Eli left the campsite. Did the mysterious creature attack him or did someone else attack him? Something to think about. Good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

11 Years Ago

ikr!!! tnx lol
L. Catherine

11 Years Ago

Welcome! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: dead, tree, guts, sad


Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing