Day 8

Day 8

A Chapter by The Violent Wolf
"

is this the end?

"
January 17, 2012 " Day 8
     I wake up to a random dude standing over me, concern clearly etched on his face. When he saw that I was awake he yelled over to someone that I was alive. He proceeded to lift me up into his arms and carry me towards a small rowboat that already held some of my friends. I looked towards the beach and beheld our handiwork. The fire had burned down, all that was left was an enormous pile of ash and a few smoldering embers. It looked sad and pitiful, like the phoenix that had died. The rowboat headed out, its prow pointed towards a gigantic monster of a ship.
     When we got to the ship I insisted that I was well enough to stand at the rail and say good-bye to the island. As the ship started to pull away the island seemed to shimmer and I saw a much larger version of the magical tree of my dreams standing guard over the entire island. Would we ever find out the secret of this unknown island? The sound of soft music suffused the air and the tree brightened then disappeared.         
     Something flashed then something small and shiny floated towards me. I opened my hand and reached out and a small bronze leaf drifted to a rest on my palm. Reverently, I placed it in my wallet of memories and vowed never to forget about the island.


© 2013 The Violent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok I'm sorry it took me so long to read all of these and no I'm not commenting on them all so think of this as one big review.....I love it! The journal format is very creative and the story hold my interest throughout. The imagery is great too. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

11 Years Ago

lol i'm totally fine with that haha tnx xD so glad u guys liked it!
Short, but good conclusion to an interesting tale of a ship-wreak tragedy. Great work, BoomBox! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

11 Years Ago

hehe tnx Lauren!
L. Catherine

11 Years Ago

Welcome!!!!!! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: leaf, tree, ship, saved


Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing