Kiss It Better

Kiss It Better

A Story by The Violent Wolf
"

a short story I wrote when I was inspired by the song Kiss It Better by He is We

"
He closed his eyes to the naked bulb and covered them with his arm as he drifted into the memory. It'd been several months already, but he still remembered that day very well. 
He'd thought it odd that there wasn't anybody at the park. But he was glad to spend time alone with his girl. They'd been walking hand-in-hand along the path by the woods when he spotted the man walking in his direction. He'd thought it odd that the man was wearing a black sweater, his hands in his pockets, with the hood up, on such a sunny day. The man stopped 12 paces in front of them, that's when he felt the fear fill his stomach. The hooded man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him for a heartbeat, before turning it towards his girl. He'd started to pull her behind him when the shot resounded. The man paused a moment, as if committing the scene to memory before tossing the smoking gun and taking off. Dread coursed through his veins and slowed time itself down as he turned towards her. She was doubled over, holding her stomach, blood streaming through her fingers and dripping onto the stones below her.
A tear leaked from his closed eyes and trailed down his cheek at the memory.
He cradled her head on his lap and held her cold hand. "Kiss it all better, like you used to, babe. I'm not ready to go," she gasped. "Shh. I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered. "It's not your fault, love," she smiled, "You didn't know." It'd been surreal, that on such a beautiful day he'd be holding the bleeding love of his life. "Everything will be all right," he said, and kissed her gently on her forehead. She smiled her reply and let go of her last breathe. 
The gun was at the base of the tree, just sitting there. He picked it up. As the cold metal warmed in his hand, as did the rage inside him grow, and he made a promise, "I'll avenge my lover tonight."
He turned on his side to face the wall as his roommate came in. The other guy got the message and didn't say anything.
He'd found the man smoking a blunt beneath a street light. He'd been standing there like he hadn't torn someone's world apart that afternoon. He'd snuck up behind the heartless killer and shot the man in the heart with his own gun. The man never knew what killed him. 
The judge had looked at him with sad eyes, as if sorry he was sentencing the heart broken, devastated man in front of him to jail.
Behind prison bars. That's where he was now, 25 to life, holding on to the memory of his girl, because that's all he had now. Sometimes he'd whisper to her in his dreams, "Stay with me, until I fall asleep." The way he used to when he held her in his arms. But now she's just a memory.

© 2013 The Violent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so sad! It's so amazing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

10 Years Ago

yah the song is pretty sad, but thank you :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 1, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: kiss, avenge, shot, jail, love

Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing