The Man and The Witch part one

The Man and The Witch part one

A Story by twinklytwilight
"

A man who is very greedy and he is always very unhappy, he goes and meets an old fortune teller...

"
In Kansas, there lived a rich and wealthy man named Henry Weston. He lived all alone in a big mansion with his servants. However, although all his wealth and richness, he was forever unhappy. It seemed that there was something forever troubling him. Henry didn't know what was so troubling and made random guesses. He thought he didn't have enough wealth and so he made everybody give him their most precious things for his birthday, Christmas, New Year... The people were afraid of him because he held a lot of power with his money and wealth. 
But after a year, Henry became even more determined to get what he wished for. He decided it wasn't wealth. One day, he came to an old lady who sat on a three-legged stool. Her hair was long and white, she wore a green sack and a dark velvet robe. "Henry," she said, "You seek happiness?" It was the first time anyone said his name, Henry was angry for being disrespected but the lady seemed to know his troubles. "Yes lady," Henry replied, "Could you help me?" "Of course," the old lady said, "But, let us go to somewhere private." 
Henry was not happy the lady had to enter his marvelous mansion but for his sake, he let her. The old lady propped herself on one of the velvet cushioned sofas and took out an old leather book. "What's that, lady?" Henry asked irritated. "First, Henry, my name is Maribelle, second of all, please be respectful." the lady said. Maribelle opened up the book. The paper was yellowed with age and the inside was empty. Maribelle pulled out a silver pen and wrote on the book: What should Henry do? Words appeared after the question in blue ink. They read: Go to Cassandra. 
Maribelle gasped. "Cassandra? The witch of the Enchanted Woods?" "A witch will bring me happiness?" Henry asked. "Yes, you better do as the book says." Maribelle said, "Shall I accompany you?" "No thank you, Maribelle." Henry replied. "Well, go straight into the woods and walk until you reach a cottage of stone. That is where she lives. You will encounter many creatures, talk to none but the elves and fairies. They mean well." 

© 2016 twinklytwilight


Author's Note

twinklytwilight
Tell me how you think of the story and if you want more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 5, 2016
Last Updated on September 5, 2016

Author

twinklytwilight
twinklytwilight

About
I love writing and I LOVE reading books a lot. more..

Writing