Deadly Teenage High Jinks (A Tale of Zombie Love)

Deadly Teenage High Jinks (A Tale of Zombie Love)

A Story by James K. Blaylock

Deadly Teenage High Jinks (A Tale of Zombie Love)

Joe and Sammy were two young bored teenage loves. He was on the football team, and loved the power of being a somebody in this town. She on the other hand was more of the shy girl.

Really their getting together at all seemed somewhat fated... or so believed Sammy. One day at school all the jocks, or footballs players, were hanging out in the hall after a down and dirty workout. All were talking it up about every honey that breezed down the hall.

Well this is when Sammy entered the picture, you see. She was walking with her eyes glued to the floor as always.

The guys were talking the run-of-the-mill blatherings, about bangin' chicks and whatnot. When Sammy 'rounded the corner for all these guys to see. She wasn't really bad looking or anything like that, at all really. What she was, was a too shy, to talk to anyone, ever kind of girl.

Right then and there the plan was hatched. Joe being the guy with the most plays on the field of football or love (for that matter) would ask her out. Really what harm could it do.

He then got into the mood of smooth guy, then quickly headed over. The talk shared between them was mostly in whispers... and was for the most part unheard by anyone, besides the two of them, and maybe an english speaking dog.

He came back after she walked down the hall, and then on out the side door. He'd got the date... or at least he thought that he had. I mean, he got her phone number which was pretty much the same thing, right?

A few days had passed before he took the time away from his very busy life, to buzz her. When the voice on the other end picked up, he was not at all sure who this might be. So he asked for Sammy, then the voice came with the answer "This is me".

This was like amazing or something, because she sounded nothing like the church-mouse he spoke with only a few short days ago. She sounded like a real woman now... and he was liking her more already.

When he'd finally uttered the word date into the shared talking, she must of froze-up on the other end of the line or something. Because all he could hear were teeth chattering.

She then unlocked her lips long enough to say, yes.

On their very first date he thought that he'd bring her to the local burger joint. This way too, all his buds could see him out with her. They were laughing and cutting up, whenever the door was opened to Bob's Burgers. On a faded banner hanging above the counter read "The Best Food, Round!" I guess someone thought something grandly of this old ash-tray.

Well anyways, time just seemed to buzz on by like a car doing 80mph on the freeway. They somehow had this way of understanding one another. This understanding soon turned into a form of care, then into love.

None of his buddies thought this was fun and games anymore, really. He was supposed to go out with her a time or two, then drop her like a hot rock.

This was in their words "getting to be retarded".

They had to do something quick before he really when overboard and did something stupid, like try and ask her to prom.

She was asking for trouble now, and she didn't even know it. They all put their heads together trying to think of a nice easy way to best this happening problem, but alas they could think of nothing.

One night on a drive through their town's backwoods... they saw what to some would be just plain gross. Although to them it was heaven sent.

There was a nasty looking cow standing on the pitch-black dirt road. She was oozing with stink and drooling something fowl. They all thought of the idea like clockwork.

This beast was surely soon to die, and they would take a little bit of the meat from her dead body once she fell out.

Days had passed, and still the cow was among the living.

It would be brilliant, they spoke to one another as they drove on away for something like the tenth time in two days. When the cow was gone they were going to harvest enough meat to make a paddy or two. Then have Joe and Sammy over for burgers some night soon, then after eating the nasty meat, Sammy would become sick. Throwing up everywhere, grossing Joe out so much to the point of never again wanting to see her.

Perfect plan really, but one thing they didn't know was that the cow was from somewhere else... outside of their cozy town. She had something very wrong with her, and was meant to be put down weeks ago.

Upon driving out again to see the living animal, they found instead a stone cold corpses.
Luckily the tools were in the trunk of Will's car.

"Go get the stuff" Will told Brad. "OK, but I'm not doing it alone" he stated.
"Come on, you damned sissy-boy" shouted Alex.

All three then got right into the thick of things.

The next day, Will called Joe up "Joe-Joe, How's thangs?"
Joe said "Just fine, so what's going on?"

Will replied "Not too much man, just thinking of having a few close friends over tonight for grilled burgers" "grilled burgers, hmmm" came Joe.

"Yes, indeed... so how many can I count you in for, bro?" asked Will. "I don't know if I can make it or not, can I get back with you on it?" stated Joe. "Surely you can" Will hung up.

A few hours later all of the guys were feeling rather low. It had seemed that their wondrous plan was going to the outhouse.

Joe called around 5:35 PM that evening... things were again back on track. They all got busy on the phone and with getting the food ready to cook. Will's parents were the kind of folks who just liked to do their own thing. Leaving Will, with lots of freedom to do whatever he wanted, and whenever he wants.

People were called to come to Will's place, some brought cokes, chips and a few beers too.

Later that night Joe was working on his second burger, when Sam took her first bite. She knew right away that this was not going to be a nice or happy experience.

She tried to force a second bite, but became deathly ill. In the bathroom, she was sicker than a dog. Joe was being caring and understanding... trying to help.

Though she would not come to the door. Instead she was face down in the toilet.
After all the sick was for the most part over, she tried to gather her wits. Slipping on the rug and smashing her head on the counter-top.

Joe heard, and crashed the door in! She was now unhearing and bleeding from her gash.
He lifted her head into his arms, her body followed. Wiping her face with a hand towel, he yelled for help.

She slipped away right there... in his grasp, and on the cool bathroom floor.
Crying they found him holding her tightly. Noone could have ever thought that something like this could have happened.

But before they could make the call for help she again moved... then she coughed... then she spoke "Joe, why is everyone in the bathroom... and why are we on the floor?"

He was needless to say, dumbfounded. She was trying again to get up, when she felt dizzy... grabbing his strong-form. She spoke again saying "Honey, I feel so weird".

She then told him of the gross tasting burger, and its causing her to become sickly. He demanded to know what was going on! Will said "Man, it was only a joke". Brad then, fell apart like a cardhouse letting out every piece of knowledge.

Joe was flaming as he used all of his skill of take-down on them. Sam was now on the floor by herself, as Joe was crushing their heads together. Everyone began to flee the party without delay.

It was then Sam, Joe and the three buddies, all alone. He made them all share the burger, after his hearty beating, that was. Even though they had kept the meat soaking in beer it still tasted, gross as hell. After they had downed their fair share of burger, the gore slowly began to take hold of them all one by one.

As he cleaned up the last of the filth, Joe came to realize that the food had killed them all. Just as it had done to Sammy. Although she only had one rotten bite, if that. They on the other hand, had a nice mouthful each. Now none were waking up.

Joe thought about calling for help... but instead dragged them all out to Will's huge barn. Making sure to lock the door on the way out.

Sam was forever changed after that night, as was Joe really... he made his life-long buddies eat a tainted death meal. Sam had been dead for only a little while, but she somehow still never could get warm again, nor could she stand to eat cooked meat either... after that night.

As for Will, Brad and Alex it was said that they all left town to go to some killer party... somewhere and never did grace the town with their deadly teenage high jinks...again.
7-27-07
 

© 2008 James K. Blaylock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

James K. Blaylock
James K. Blaylock

Tyler, TX



About
Hi, I'm James K. Blaylock and I'm a poet/writer. I'm 39, and I live in Texas. I was born and raised here. I have been writing now for 13 years and I've been blessed to be published a number of times. .. more..

Writing