The Closet: night two

The Closet: night two

A Story by Tyler Cox

The school day was just as boring as it usually is. My third grade teacher, Mrs. Parker, taught us about the three types of rocks- igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic- and we learned how to write in cursive. The weirdest thing happened as we walked, single file, to the cafeteria. I was the last perso in line. As we turned a corner that part of the hall was in darkness. No lights were on at all. But no one else seemed to notice. I looked back and staring at me were those heat lamp eyes. Then I heard a noise, almost like a mix of growling and english. The next thing I knew was I am waking up in the nurse's room. Dad was there holding a Mighty Kids Meal. Wordlessly I followed him out of the school and to the car. The car ride was uneventful. At home I did my homework and munched on McNuggets. I went to bed five hours later. I couldn't build up the courage to check the closet, only enough to make sure it was shut. I fell asleep as soon as my eyes closed. The only memorable thing about my dream was the heat lamp eyes. They stared at me so long I thought my skin would burn. That morning I woke drenched in sweat with my heart in my throat. I looked aroung my room. Everything was exactly as it was last night; except the closet door. It stood wide open. Even though sunlight poured into my room there was no light in the closet. Absolute darkness.I can't even see the outline of my clothes as I peer in to the closet. My heart is being so much it might just burst out of my chest. I hear a rumbling from the closet. The sound grows until it is a throaty, monstrous growl. Still the sound grows. I can't move, I'm paralyzed with fear. It's so loud now I think Dad can hear it. But he does not come to investigate; to see what is making that noise. I do not know what's making that noise. I just wished it would stop. Then there was a beastly roar and my room was silent. At the end of the roar the creature souned almost relunctant to go. I decided to, again keep this to myself and not tell Dad.

© 2013 Tyler Cox


Author's Note

Tyler Cox
Night three will be posted tomorrow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 6, 2013

Author

Tyler Cox
Tyler Cox

winston salem, NC



Writing
Release Release

A Story by Tyler Cox


Alone? Alone?

A Poem by Tyler Cox