Still Good

Still Good

A Poem by tynamite
"

This is about me becoming more sad and others being jealous of the happiness that I have in the hardship that those people gave me.They hate it that I can make sunshine out of the rain they give them.

"
Things were fresh, when I came.
When I came, I came forth.
I came forth, but I had values.
But I had values, and sillyness, things had to change.

They were grouped, I was one.
I was one and, of what to become?
And what to become? Sediment.
Sediment from the coast, alone.

Alone, they never felt alot. 
Alot, I wanted just this once.
I wanted just this once, but it wasn't applicable.
Not applicable, was not for them.

They so have tried, to knock me down.
To knock me down, I have already been.
I have already been, through time after time.
Time after time, I'm dissed and excluded.

In whatever form, the hate.
The hate, just another way, to drill into a wall.
To drill into a wall, of backing of the past peoples.
Backing of the past peoples, supporting me.

Still supported by old and long friends.

Still good.

© 2010 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
I wrote this on the 5th of May 2006 which now is 4 years ago. And no, I was not feeling good at the time, I just looked happy.

The language is not the most understandable due to the structure that the poem has.
I just hope it's good and puts across what I was trying to say.

It's about me getting bullied in secondary school for 5 years. I had the worst secondary school experience ever and it was only untill Year 10 that my year stopped picking on me as they felt sorry for me, but the damage was too late by then and they already made their effects. There's not enough space to explain how bad it was or what happened.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the way you wrote this poem, very powerful.
Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A unique way to express the pain and anguish you experienced while in secondary school. Bullying is a horrible thing to go through especially in that age, when you're growing the most and forming opinions of people and the world.

I didn't understand what "just this once" was. Maybe you can explain that.

Hard for people to understand your pain not having gone through it themselves, but thanks for sharing.
Good poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i think this is emotional and creative.
i really liked it. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think I get what you're saying--you did admit that the language was a bit cryptic, and I agree--but the sentiment is clearly there. I liked the "sediment" image--very unique.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is hard being an individual in a group of ordinary people, and you have to fight to stay yourself, and people tend to be jealous. I like the way you indirectly made your point and I think this poem is interesting even without the notes to explain it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Its a great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this poem, I kept visualizing pepples from the ocean. In the end you would be I smooth polished rock. Beautiful to the eye and enjoyable to hold. What a lovely poem. In the end you still have your friends. Life has a way of polishing us all into smooth pebbles, by the hard lessons we learn along our way. Great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I understand what you mean. On the inside I was all torn up and on the outside I looked all happy. I didn't show anyone that I am depressed. They figure it out as time goes by. This is powerful. I liked the imagery. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


May have been a tad hard to understand, but the point went through. I liked this because it emphasizes your courage. I liked the 2nd to last line, staying happy and having support is what we need to get back up and push away our demons. You have more truth in your words then other poems try to depict. Nicely done. Talented at a young age :)

indie♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sounds like you have learned to get up after you fall. Great strength!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 9, 2010
Tags: hardship, good, values, happiness, sunshine, rain

Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flight Flight

A Poem by Jason Ellis