#1 Back To School

#1 Back To School

A Chapter by tynamite
"

This is another dream I once had.

"
I wasn't meant to be there, but I was.


I had walked along this path many times, but there became a time in my life when I was not to walk along that path anymore. Luckily, the life I live isn't like your world. I live in a life like yours, but in many of your lives, it's very boring, not much happens. In the fast paced lifestyle that the people in my world live, there's an excess of things that make me say rah! That's why this collection of stories is called Excess Rah Style.


For those who don't know, rah is a UK slang word that people use to emphasise something. For example, "That person is rah lying to you. About there's no job vacancies. About." or "She told me she doesn't chat to boys. And that she ain't got boys numbers, and that the only boy she talks to me is me, and I was like rah. What kind of a ting is that? She's coming off on a sly one. She's taking the mick." I love UK slang words. They sound all ghetto and stuff. No actually I don't really use slang words when I speak. I speak with all proper English and stuff.


I travel to your world, and a different world often. I'm in your world more often than I'm in the other one. In the other world, there is no laws, no government, and no money. Everyone just gets along. There has never been any murders.

Earlier on, I had walked along Lordswood Road as you see in the picture. The road is very long. If you look at the left of the traffic lights, that's the entrance I used for years to get into the boys school. I didn't get in there today through that entrance. I walked down the road to the girls school gate, and walked along that, and then sneaked to the boys school. I was now in the boys school playground, and it was break time. To clarify, I had started my day in the girls school for the first two periods, and at break time, I walked from the girls school playground to the boys school playground. They both had break time at the same time.

The school with the sorry excuse of windows with the window tint peeling off is the boys school. In the first week of Year 7, in PE I got pushed down the bank as I was the 2nd shortest out of 110 boys in Year 7. I was an easy target.


As I was in the other world, I knew there wouldn't be any serious consequences by walking into the boys school, so I did. After all, I was just visiting, and I wasn't doing anyone any wrong, so I was blessed. It was all funky fresh and cris. It took me a while though. I must have been in the busy playground for 10 minutes before I contemplated walking into the school. It was weird that I was going to visit a school which I hated spending time in. But I'm 18, and I may never get the chance to go there again. The bad thing about the other world, the dream world, is that there is a sharp time limit to get to places. If you don't go somewhere by a certain time, nobody is there and it is very boring. The people in the dream world live by an unwritten schedule. Even though people don't have to go anywhere, or do anything, people still find a way to be places at certain times. I forgot to say that in the dream world, we don't have time. We do have time, but 99% of people do not have a watch, and 99% of people don't have a mobile phone. When it comes to being somewhere on time, people just follow the crowd and go where they're going. I knew it was breaktime at Lordswood Boys by looking out the window of Lordswood Girls. Also, in this world, people don't oversleep. They wake up at the time they want to wake up at, before they go to sleep. It's so nice being able to wake up everyday, and go somewhere knowing I'll be on time for it.


At this point in time, I was now in the boys school, and there was lots of boys walking around the corridors. This gave me a chance to blend in even though I wasn't wearing school uniform. School uniform is optional in this dream world, but everyone chose to wear it because it made them feel like a community, because the dream world doesn't have many rules, so they liked the change.


When break time was over, I was having fun walking into various clasrooms for 2 hours, and if the teacher didn't mind me being in the room. I went in that room and joked with the boys. I would move from room to room for 2 hours until lunchtime. Once it was lunchtime, the school corridor was busy again. The teachers did not like the kids to be loitering around in the school at lunchtime, and a teacher whose job it was to stop kids from running around the corridors, told kids including myself to go outside. Eight kids spending lunchtime inside the school corridors would be a shambles. Boys needed fresh air at lunchtime to let off steam. But I didn't come here to play in the playground. Once the teacher left watching us from inside, we ran up the stairs, and on the first floor, three kids went to the library, and two kids went somewhere else. That left four people including myself to roam around. The whole escapade was exciting hoping that we wouldn't get caught by any teachers. Once we got to the top floor, one person walked into a room that had an adult in it, leaving three of us. The three of us found an empty science lab, and spent the lunchtime messing around in it.


After lunchtime, we went to a classroom, and weirdly in the classroom there were people in the seats who were not wearing school uniform like me, and some of them were girls. There was 14 of them including myself. It turned out that I was not the only person trying to live the life of a school boy. We were sat in the room in swivel chairs, and we spent our time spinning round in the seats. The girl who was the leader in the room, had her own little game. She would spin around in her seats slowly, so she wouldn't get dizzy, and then she would would stop spinning so everyone could hear what she had to say, then she would say something that was authoritative and rebellious. I was in a room with strangers, and I assume they were too; but it didn't matter. For today, we could pretend that we knew each other, as we pretended that we were 16 or younger.


This happened for 10 minutes until a teacher came in the room telling us what school work to do. We were having none of it. And she certainly didn't listen. All she did is spin around in the seats and say rebellious things, that she didn't want to do any work. She span in the seat to signify her lack of interest at the end of her lackadaisical sentence she would give after the teacher gave several. This happened several times until the teacher stormed out the room, and then we spent the five minutes spinning around in seats. The authoritative girl who was a leader, said that we should find another room to have fun in. So she left the room and 13 others followed. We ran into the room, and just messed about talking, running around, being immature and playing games.


We didn't do much in that room, but it was nice to live the life of being carefree for one last time.


This photo is dated 1st December 2010. That's not me, and I wasn't there at the time. It looks cool though, innit? This school is full of badmans, but not bad enough to have police outside the bus stop, like a nearby school.



© 2012 tynamite


Author's Note

tynamite
My time in secondary school was absolute madness. It's full of badmans, though the people are nice. Nobody gets stabbed though, the most anyone gets is rushed. The Year 7 (first years) get worse each year. I have loads of stories from that place. The lessons were funny to watch, it was full of joke. The most anyone got was when 2 crews were warring each other with baseball bats after school. In that school where raising, making noise in exams discreetly, reppin your ends on graffiti, and wagging lessons is commonplace.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"rah" I like that! xD This was an interesting dream that you had. I'm not any good at interpreting them, but i enjoy hearing about them! I got the feeling that in this dream, you were a life essence that didn't really care about authority and just wanted to have a little fun before waking up in your normal life.

I find it crazy that you would consider the normal world Carefree! I don't think i even know what being carefree feels like!

Thanks for sharing!
Kisses - Ash


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very interesting to me. I like the idea of learning UK ghetto sling. It's fun to learn what your school is like too. Interesting concept and story line here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"rah" I like that! xD This was an interesting dream that you had. I'm not any good at interpreting them, but i enjoy hearing about them! I got the feeling that in this dream, you were a life essence that didn't really care about authority and just wanted to have a little fun before waking up in your normal life.

I find it crazy that you would consider the normal world Carefree! I don't think i even know what being carefree feels like!

Thanks for sharing!
Kisses - Ash


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: secondary, school, secondary school


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..