Emotional Rain

Emotional Rain

A Poem by KeelyJane

My tears fall onto this paper as I write the things I cannot say

In hopes to ease the pain that my tears can't seem to wash away

Line by line, tear by tear, as each one comes about

From the same place on the inside, they end in the same place on the out

My blood flows through my veins like circulating pain

My thoughts pour from my mind like emotional rain

I  take a deep breath, close my eyes start to count

Until the number and my tear drops reach the same amount

I've counted to a hundred and I must count more still

If my sorrows don't drown me this rain surely will

© 2013 KeelyJane


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sounds to me like you need a good umbrella to keep your pages dry as you pour that bleeding heart out. this is so many of my writes, i can't count ...and you speak of counting before you run out of tears or vice versa...this is a terrible emotional storm, the rain will end long enough for you to catch your breath...then you can cry some more. beautiful, Keely....beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It would appear that you have more than the average share of baggage that one person can bear and you need a release! Putting these thought to paper and releasing your tears is a catharsis for you but, you might need to need to release your tears in spurts to avoid any emotional imbalance or drowning experience. The poem is a heavy read KeelyJane but, I like depth of emotion I emphasis as I read it. Kudos!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I always prefer poems that rhyme, I really have been enjoying the way that you write your intros . This was a good intro as well. Word choice provides good room for imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fantastic! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, you lnow how she's crying? Just love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I believe writers and poets have a hard time expressing them selves to other people so we write down our emotions

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good write. it is beautiful even though it describes the breakdown of you. You have rhymed your write very well and the counting tears idea is fascinating and a little freaky
Well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so full of emotion and heartbreaking .You have poured all your feelings into this and it shows .

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The more it hurts, the better the written word is. It's a strange process. Nicely written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emotion pours through your words, Keely; hopefully, the spilling of sorrows onto the page eases the burden of bearing them...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pain is so personal, yet we always want to give comfort. Very well written work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I esp like this line, 'My blood flows through my veins like circulating pain'. It's just a powerful idea. But the poem is about the overwhelming emo going on, not intellectual cleverness. I've never felt the strength of sorrow you describe. Some would say to feel as strongly as you describe is to be more alive. But that would be harsh. I hope that by writing about pain it lessened it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

584 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013

Author

KeelyJane
KeelyJane

Albuquerque, NM



About
I'm just a girl with a lifetime of experiences. I've taken from those experiences what can be put into words and poetically put them together to share with all of you. These are my contributions. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Drug Love Drug

A Poem by KeelyJane


Of Course I Do Of Course I Do

A Poem by s y e