Chapter 1 The secret I want to tell

Chapter 1 The secret I want to tell

A Chapter by Calypso

    I stood at the end of the road watching a half black, half Spanish girl get pick on again. I automatically made a fist, but I knew better.

    The young 11 year old looked up at me with hallow eyes. I wanted charge after the two young boys, but I stopped myself. My heart pounded in anger. Nevertheless Kiya has always been something entertaining to watch, but was now no different. I was mostly wondering if she was going to do what I told her if they picked on her again.

   “Hay you're so stupid.” One of them said.

    “Ya, stupid.” The other, much smaller one is like a parrot because he will repeat the other one’s words.

    She bowed her head in shame. I could see tears glisten in the corner of her eyes.

    “Stupid monkey, stupid monkey. Ha! Ha!”

        I was about to charge after the two boys, but before I would Kiya punched the older boy in the face. He winced and fell to the ground.

     “Stop up, you idiot. I might be a ‘Monkey’ and a ‘Beaner Hybrid’ but at least if have more balls then you, and I’m a girl. Who gives a crap, your nothing more then a weak minded, good for nothing ,who feeds off of my pain, you sick sadist.”

      Both of them went quiet. Then the youngest one asked, “What’s a sadist?”

      “Go home to your moms.” She commanded turning around, but she didn’t start walking.

     “Turn around.” The older one commanded.

      She didn’t, in fact she started walking towards me. “I don’t have to do what you say, you don’t control me and I’m better then you’ll ever be.”

     I smiled as the two ran off.

    “I did it.” Kiya said weakly smiling.

     “I know you did, and I’m proud of you.” I said smiling. I grabbed her hand. I didn’t care if anybody saw us holding hands, we’re sisters for goodness sake.

    “So tomorrow is the last day of elementary school?" I said walking, Kiya kept her hand in mine.

    “Hun-Hun."

    "Is middle school like what’s on TV?” She asked with a curious edge to her voice.

    “The middle school is filled with preps here. I hear that the High school is more divided.” I said.

“I wish I could go to high school.”

“One step at a time, young one.”

I looked up at the shy. The reds, purples and oranges smeared brilliantly together. The sky almost looked like a finger paint project.

Beside us a orchestra of frogs and grasshoppers sang to us when we stopped and sat down in the grass.

I have a favorite spot and that is about 5 feet away from the front right corner of the house. The small depression is small enough to fit me and anything I have with me.

Kiya and I broke off. I went to my hole and she went to the deck where Mom had left her book she was reading.

Kiya and I don’t have a very romanced story to tell, but it is one nevertheless.

Our parents aren’t our birth parents, we were all adopted, all three of us.

Kiya was born to two seventeen year old who was black (her mom) and Hispanic (her dad), and thus Kiya became the mix of this. Kiya was named after her grandmother.

Kiya’s mother gave Mom Kiya straight out of the womb, but the teen had an open adoption so we would come with gifts, money and love every week, but when the grandmother died, the mother had to move out of state to her uncle’s. The dad had to move back to Mexico and ever since then Kiya hasn’t seen or heard much from this women.

Mom said she promised to keep contact but the only time she did was to tell Mom that she had tested positive for HIV and Mom should have Kiya checked for it. When I asked Mom why Kiya’s mother didn’t talk to her she said that she was likely having troubles from the HIV.

In the end Kiya tested positive, and now she was no immune system;that 's what Mom said. I was afraid when Mom told me about Kiya’s HIV, but she cleared out my fears.

My twin, Wade, and myself have another story.

We have no clue who out birth parents are and frankly I don’t care. The way I look at it, since my biological parents didn’t give a damn about me, then why should I?

Wade is different, though. He is one of those adopted kids who want to know every little detail of our biological parents’ lives.

I don’t want to know because I have so many personality traits that could show the bad side of my genes. For example I like to build fires, and if this is a genetic thing, then that could mean there was a arsonist in my biological family. Also I love to watch the moon and stay up all night, this could mean I have wolf genes, no, not seriously, but you get the point.

Wade and I were named (my full name is Wilma, but I go by Will) by our real parents and then put in foster care. We lived there going from home to home until I one day met a little girl named Kiya.

I was 9 and this was when I lived in my third foster home. Kiya was 6, but I liked being around her. I would spend time with her and one day she invited me to swim in her pool. This was when I first met Mom and Dad, but I know them as Tucker and Nora then.

Mom pitied me. She knew who the 79 year old women who was my foster mom was. She would feed me and spend a lot of time with me.

Then finally, when I was 10, she asked me if she could adopt me. I had told her before that I wished that I could be adopted, but I didn’t know that they were looking.

“Well Will.” Mom said nervously.

“I’d… I’d love to, but…”

“Oh don’t worry about money or space, we have it.”

“I know, I know, but I would fell guilty if you adopted me.”

“Why? You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“I know, but I have a twin how lives in a different home. I miss him a lot. We used to be in the same foster home until I was 8 and I was moved here.”

“Oh.” Dad said thinking. I was about to cry. I stood and started out the door.

“Will come back!”

I paused.

“Listen we’d love to adopt your twin. Is it a boy?”

“Yes, his name is Wade.”

“Wade.” Mom mumbled her breath.

“We’d love to have a son and you.”

“Well then okay.” I smiled.

Later on Mom told me that she was never able to have kids of he own because her ovaries were deformed from something from her past.


I got up and walked in side the house.

Dad was watching TV in his laz-e boy and Mom was reading the paper.

I plopped on the couch and closed my eyes.

Kiya went to her room and Wade came down stairs to plug up his Ipod.

“You know Tucker…” Mom said pointing to an article he wrote. “This is well wrote. I don’t know why your beating your self up about it. You clearly stated other things you can use to clean your house without using harsh chemicals.”

“It was boring.” He growled.

“Aww… No it wasn’t. With money as it is now, people need to save money any way they can.” She said looking over the article one more time. “You got the baking soda idea from me. Mama was right, only baking soda will take out the musty smell in books.”

“You used it a lot, didn’t you?”

“All of my books threw med school were second hand.”

“Well at least when you’re a doctor you’re not judge by the words you have to use.”

“You're wrong.” Mom said. “Like if I was to tell someone if they have cancer you have to use your words carefully.”

Dad stopped to think for a minute and finally sighed. “You win.”

“Well I always do. Before you get married Will I will be sure to teach you how to win an argument with your husband. Will? Is she asleep Tucker?”

“No she’s not.” I said opening my eyes. “But I was about to.”

“Why don’t you go to bed?”

I thought about it for a minute and then I rolled over. “Naw.”

“Nervous?” Mom asked.

“What?”

“Tomorrow is the last day of middle school.”

I paused and rubbed my face against the pillow. “Tomorrow is just another day. Everyone has to move on at a point. Nothing is permanent, besides, well death.”

“Not true. You so nonchalant.” Wade said. “In time we’ll be driving and graduating and then marriage, how can you not be excited?”

“Because I take each day at a time. Now all I care about is this couch. Since when did this couch become so comfortable?” I asked.

Wade is about to start but then the phone rang and he answered it.

I drifted in sleep and then Dad carried me into my room, just like many times before and I got up at my normal time ready to get the last day of middle school over with.

 



© 2011 Calypso


Author's Note

Calypso
Please forgive any misspelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is well written and a good start. I only half agree with the "thy act older than what they are" comment. Yes, they do but, I have met kids who are more mature than their counterparts and they are usually the ones getting picked on. It's nature for the "runt" to mature faster than the rest so don't worry about it too much. Its a great start.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this is an interesting start to a story. I like the family situation, honestly, because it is rather unusual. But I think there were a lot of grammar mistakes throughout this chapter and it just went by too fast.

“All of my books threw med school were second hand.”
Although there were quite a few mistakes, this one bothered me the most. You used the wrong through

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a really great opening chapter, it hooks the reader right away.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really good as a beginning. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved it. The characters are very well introduced.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting so far. Can't wait for more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
I really like how you've started this!! the plot is certainly different to most things I've seen on here and in general!! well written, with strong descriptions and it draws us in pretty early on!! nice start!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A great and intriguing start and I am really drawn into the story and the characters and hope there is more to come.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A great and intriguing start and I am really drawn into the story and the characters and hope there is more to come.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting..A nice intro..Don't have any clue where this might be headed but a novel plot to say the least..

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is well written and a good start. I only half agree with the "thy act older than what they are" comment. Yes, they do but, I have met kids who are more mature than their counterparts and they are usually the ones getting picked on. It's nature for the "runt" to mature faster than the rest so don't worry about it too much. Its a great start.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

574 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 1, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


July 16 July 16

A Chapter by Calypso