Chapter 2 My reasons

Chapter 2 My reasons

A Chapter by Calypso
"

Will goes more in depth here.

"

 

My life is simple and unique, and I like it that way. If my life was any different, I wouldn’t be able cope as breezily as I do.

            Middle school was over, I was sure about that as soon as I walked out of the school earlier in the day. Going from middle to high is a huge feat to Wade, but I take it all in strides. Its not like over the summer my life will change too much. And even if it did I don’t think it will be that big of a change.

    Wade and I was out side with Kiya, who was pensively looking at the sky for what seemed to be hours. I was sitting in the front lawn with a drawing pad in my lap, a mountain of water colors beside me and an open book of famous painters to my right. I wasn’t trying to copy their work, I was trying to be inspired, but all I could come up with was things that resembled pieces I’ve done in the past, so in the end I just watched Wade.

    Wade gracefully ran between invisible opponents and finally made the basket. His goals are for him to make the basketball team in high school, he has already made the soccer team.

    My twin is good at sports and he knows it. In the year book from seventh grade there was a photo of Wade scoring the winning basket. 

    Wade brought up his wrist to his forehead so he could wipe off the sweat that was cascading off. His brilliant teeth shines in the sun as he smiled and that reminds me that I haven’t brushed my teeth today.

    Destiny always made sure Wade and I were different. To start with I’m a girl and he is a boy, but it keeps going on. My birthday is December 31 and Wade’s is January 1. I’m right brained and he’s left brained. Beside our other looks (the fiery brown hair and gray eyes) every thing is different. Wade sees the world in numbers, reasons, and formulas.

             I see the world in color, emotions and music.

I speak with a harsh, almost demanding voice and I’m not the most exciting person to be around. My art is called gruesome and crude with a mixture of weirdness. I love my piano and guitar but I like to play a lot of metal inspired music.

I’m a lacto-vegetarian and an atheist who will always believe in animal and human rights before any god. You could almost say that I’m dubious to a god. If there was really a god then why would he let bad people have a good life and send good people to hell. 

Then even in the states Christens, Muslims, Jews and everyone else never acts like your not good enough to belong. They have their little groups and if someone is odd or different then their nothing more then animals. If that what it means to belong to a religion is to be mean, snotty and overly esteemed then I chose to live and die with never saying a prayer. Maybe many years down the road I’ll try out something, but I know as long as I live I will be misunderstood and feared.

I see the world in color, emotions and music.

I started drawing. My pencil is racing across the virgin paper. Wade went inside the house twenty minutes after I started drawing and so did Kiya. I keep up until 7 rolled around and I had half of the drawing done. It is becoming out to be a boy with a man who has an evil smile and a gun behind him.

“Will!” My Mom cried out. “C’mon dinner!”

I limped (my leg went to a sleep) into the house. Dad was sitting with a newspaper in his lap.

“This is terrible!” He whined.

“It’s dinnertime, don’t worry.” Mom said placing the peas on the table. Kiya jumped at the chance to help. Before Mom could do anything Kiya had the carrots, rolls ,macaroni and cheese, and chicken breasts on the table.

“No look. I misspelled a word.” Dad said pointing to a word in the third row. “I forgot the extra ‘e’”

“I thought you said you wouldn’t bring your work home.” Mom commented pushing a fork inside a big piece of chicken and then placed it on Wade’s plate.

“Well you told me that you wouldn’t bring paperwork home again, doctor.” Dad said adding the extra stress on doctor.

“Seriously Tucker. I’m busy. I’m backed up. One of the doctor assents broke their legs horse back riding, reporter.”

“Really? How is she? I bet it was Abby.”

“It was.” Mom said tearing into her food. She was skipping the knife and going right to the fork.

I counted how many pieces of chicken breast there are, including Mom’s there are 4. I sighed.

“Thank you. Who ever made this dinner.” I said.

“I did.” Kiya excitingly said. “But Mom told me to make extra peas because she knows you like them.”

“Thank you Mom.”

“Your welcome.”

“C’mon Will.” Wade taunted waving a piece of chicken in my face. “I’m so tasty and meaty.” He laughed as he ate it.

I took two large bites of peas to try to conceal my anger.

“Stop it Wade.” Dad said rolling his eyes. He finally put the newspaper aside. He guessed his boss would talk to him tomorrow.

“But Dad only pussys eat tofu and vegetables all the time.”

             I slammed my spoon down. “Well while your eating dead animal flesh, I’ll be eating something that didn’t have to be killed.”

             “Wade.” Mom warned “No saying p***y at the table. We’re eating.”

              Both Dad and Wade started laughing. Some inside, crude man joke. I got it before Mom.

              “Pervert.” I cried throwing a pea.

             Then Mom got it. Her face showed her shock. “Tucker! Wade!”

             “I don’t get it.” Kiya said slowly.

            “Good.” Mom mumbled.

Dad finally stopped and Wade stopped shortly afterward.

            “But as for Will I’m sure she’s better off then any of us.”

             “No she’s not!” Wade started. “Mom you have to do more blood tests on her then anyone else in this family, well beside Kiya. Also she has to take vitamins.”

            “Most women have to take vitamins vegetarian or not. Anyways your sister is healthy, so as long as she is I’ll let her be a vegetarian.”

            “Thank you Mom.”

          She handed me the carrots.

         “Let’s move on.” Dad said with a agitated edge to his voice. “What are ya’ll doing this summer? ”

“Soccer practice.” Wade said before I could open my mouth. “I’ll be at Mary Jo’s and DJ’s more often now.” Mary Jo is Wade’s girlfriend and DJ is a friend.

“Nothing.” Kiya said causally. “I can’t wait to get older. I can do more. Will?”

“Well since Dr. Davis is so amazing I’ll be work for 4 hours 3 days a week for 200 dollars a month. And piano practice with a little art mixed in.”

“I knew it would be good for you. One of the nurse’s boys Leo is working too.”

“Is that it?” Dad asked.

“Well Dr. Davis just wanted 2 helpers. There’s three doctors Dr, Davis, Angel and myself, two doctor assents and six nurses. Anyways Leo and Will is working different days. What days did you say you would take?”

“Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 10 to 1 on those days.”

“Ya and Leo is Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Same time.”

“That’s good Will. You’ll have something to do.” Dad said.

“Do you still go get breakfast in the mornings?” Wade asked.

“Me and Kiya.” I said giving Kiya a high five.

“So that’s what you do with your allowance? Breakfast?” Wade shot.

“What do you do with your allowance? Buy Mary Jo’s dinner on a date?” I said mockingly.

Dad intervened before we could get in a fight. “Well not only this summer will I be working at the newspaper, but I’ll be writing that novel I’ve been meaning to.”

“Really!” Kiya squealed.

“Yes. I wrote the rough draft of the first two chapters today during lunch.” He smiled smugly.

“That’s cool.” Wade said.

“Yep.”

Mom sighed. “I met my goal and now you are. Good job Mr. Tucker Mouser.”

“Thank you Dr. Nora Mouser. Love you.”

“Ya you too.’ She said picking up my and her plate.

We all started laughing.

I love my family, and it might seems simply enough but my trust for them was slow and worth it.

I left the joyous room and started playing the piano upstairs. I became sleeping as the slow notes eased me in a sleepy mood.

I went to bed around 9, which is odd for the first night of summer , but I’m very sure I have so many nights more.

 

 



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. This needs proofread as well, but you can't help but start to adapt to the characters. Going to have to say I really don't like Wade though

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoyed getting to know the different characters in this. Will read the rest later.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice second chapter. Its moving along quite nicely.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso