Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Calypso

 

 

I rushed into the hospital with Angel following me. She wasn’t so eager to be running in a hospital if there was no reason, but I ran –walked my way into Kiya’s room.

            A nurse was standing over her taking her pulse.

            “How is she?” I breathlessly asked.

            “Good afternoon Will. She’s not any better, but she also isn’t worse.” She paused and then advised. “Be thankful.”

            “I’ll try.” I mumbled plopping down in a chair.

            “You think Leo will mind waiting?” Angel asked sitting beside me.

            I clasped my hand together and leaned forward a bit. “If he doesn’t, oh well.”

            Angel looked down into her lap. “Are you hungry?”

            “Yes. Can I have a sandwich please?”

            “I bet you had Mrs. Wright’s pancakes this morning.” She said jokingly.

            “Ya.” I huffed.  

              “I’ll be back soon.”

            When she was gone I grabbed Kiya’s hand. It was the texture of ice.

            “Oh no, not now.” I cried. “Kiya.”

            Tears rolled down my face coating my neck. “No.”

            I held her hand near my arm. Her hand was rubbery and life less.

            “Wake up.” I whispered. I have to this now while no one is looking. The last night I want is Angel to see me now. I got up to close the door so there would be more privacy.

            I held her hand and rubbed her cold fingers. My heart pounded slower, and heavier.

            “Not now.” I whispered again. “You’re young.”

I started rocking in my seat felling her hand move with me. “No. No.”

The only sound was of me crying and then a signal went off. At first I thought

that it was just my imagination. The world was so unreal then. The signal kept

going and I realized that it was real.

            Kiya was dying.

“No!” I screamed. Nurses ran in followed by doctors. One of the nurse

shoved in out of the way and I stumbled out of her way.

            “Save her.” I said, but no one heard me.

            Time slowed down as the doctor talked quickly barking orders at the

nurses.  

            I ran out of the room only to meet up with Angel.

            “Will?” She barked urgently “Talk to me. Will what’s going on?”

            It wasn’t until then did I realize that I had no control on my breathing or on my talking. Angel looked past the huddle of people to the flat lined monitor. “Not now.”

            I slid out the wall and have into uncontrollable breathing. My breaths were ragged and quick paced.

            Angel stood at the threshold of the room questioning what to do.

            “Will I’m taking you to work.”

            I couldn’t speak go I didn’t respond. I just went into fetal position while Angel spend off.

            A nurse was walking helped me into the wheelchair. I wouldn’t go easily. Angel knew this, but she got me in there. I was like a bag of sand.

            “Does Dr. Master still practice here?”

            “Yes ma’am.”

            “Take me to him.”

            “But Angel…” I gasped. Questions started to run wild. Who will tell Mom and Dad? What now? Is Kiya really dead? Angel pushed me down the hallway as she was lead by the nurse.

            The nurse lead Angel to an office. “Here he is.”

            “Thanks.” Angel left me outside of his office.

            “Dr. Master can you  help. Do you remember me?”

            “Ah Dr. Berryfield. How are you?” He said leisurely.

            “Fine. Fine. I need you to check Will into the ER.”

            Dr. Master grabbed the wheelchair and pushed me into the ER. By this point I was grabbing my throat. My breaths were short and painful.

            “So what do you have to say?”

            “About Will?’ Angel asked.

            “Yes.”

            “Give her Ativan and keep her over night.”

            He smiled. “I’m glad we’re on the same wave length. How much do you weigh?”

            “1…50.” I crocked.

            “I don’t think she’ll need to be put in the Psych Ward.”

            Dr. Master stopped by the sign in. “Are you her legal guardian?”

            “No, but do me this one favor.”

            “You know the legal issues.”

            “I know, but this one favor please.”

            “No, that’s it. No.”

            Angel had her phone out quickly and was dialing someone. “Tucker? This is Angel. Where are you?” She paused. “Well come to the ER now. Will needs you. Afterwards you can go back.”

            Dad was down in no time and I was in a hospital bed in minutes. The next thing I knew the needle was in and I was out.


© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on June 24, 2009
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso