August 18

August 18

A Chapter by Calypso

August 18

            I was able to get up this morning and have an extra spring in my step. I dressed quickly and was ready ten minutes before Dad.

            “Why the hurry?” He asked playfully.

            “I don’t know.” I then smiled. “Today just feels like a good day for me.”

            During the worship service I had a lot of energy to sing the song, and sing them loudly. I’m happy and some how I use the energy from that happiness to praise God. My happiness has to be of his doing somehow…

            Dad took me out to eat with him when he went with the head pastor and his family. We ate at Olive Garden.

            I could remember playing a lot with the main pastor’s daughter, April. Her favorite game used to be House, but I hated that. I would become mad and we would both leave crying cause we could never agree.

            I’ll bet my piano on that I wasn’t the only one spanked raw those nights.

            The main pastor’s wife sold Avon for pocket change and she always ‘accidentally’ brought her little magazine. Mom used to buy something just to be nice but now Dad and I just give her a gaze that told her to not bring her sells into the dinner.

            I ate a salad with bits of shrimp in it. April was all too willing to talk about her latest boyfriend and her brand new car.

            Somewhere in the babble her dad asked me how I was feeling. I knew Dad told him that I’m bulimic. In response I raised my fork to my eye level and simply said, “Okay.”

            The rest of the lunch was slow paced but filling. I believe Dad and I left with a whole to-go box full of bread sticks.

            Things were slow once were home. I turned the radio on and Dad sat in his recliner rereading a John Grisham book.

            I too was sitting on the sofa reading. It was Dad who broke the silence. “How are you feeling after eating as much as you did?”

            I bit down on my lip and debated telling him anything, but I finally said. “Dirty, guilty, filthy” I thought of not saying anything but I realized I was going to have to talk to Dad more often about my feelings. I believe it was Dr. Small who advised me to do so.

            He sighed loudly. “I thought you were healed Aelge. I thought you would never do that again.”

             I ran my thumb over the edge of the page and gazed down at it. “Dr. Small said that it could take me years to totally heal. I didn’t become bulimic overnight, I won’t heal in a night either.”

            Dad took his glasses off and rubbed the bridge of hid nose. “Well I’m glad you told me. This just means I’ll pray more. It’s about time I give your health and my worries about your health over to God. In the end his will, will be done and God never leaves the hurting without some comfort.”

            I smiled slightly. “I’m happy you feel that way cause your support is worth more then anything in this world.”

             

           



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute, though I still don't like her father. Who spanks their children for not getting along with another kid?
I thought it was funny you used the name April again too. But hey. Many people have the same names.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A nice father daughter moment. Eating disorders are hard for others to understand but I think dad did a pretty good job supporting her this time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another nice chapter

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

574 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on July 17, 2011
Tags: Therapy, Bulimia, Pastor's kid, journal, rehab


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


July 20 July 20

A Chapter by Calypso