Monster

Monster

A Story by Jade Whatever
"

It about a person who goes camping

"

I was never one for campfire stories. Or camping for that matter. So why I was out here, in the middle of no where?  As kids, me and my sister would come out to hike and all that outdoor stuff. Then 2 years ago, my sister died. Car crash,an accident. That what the official report said but I didn’t believe it. I know she did it on purpose, no accident. She left me a voicemail, detailing the plan to me. So now here I was, out in the woods. Camping. Hoping for some kind of closure from her. Trying to find the closeness we had as kids before our lives when apart.

I just got the tent set up and all my gear set up inside. I first heard the first little drops of rain hit the roof. Sighing, I hurried to get some of the stuff inside of the tent so it doesn’t get wet. I sat down in the middle and listened to the rain. Pattering on the rain cover. I thought I heard another sound underneath the constant drumming of the rain.  I listened harder, trying to discover the other sound. But it was too quiet to make out what it was.  I unzipped the tent window and peered out the window. It was dark. But I saw something.

It was in the bushes. I watched it for awhile but it never moved. I zipped up the window again. Scared but figured it was just a curious coyote or something. I sighed, waiting was no fun. There was no one else to talk to. There was nothing but waiting for the rain to pass. It didn’t pass that night. I ate cold hot dogs for dinner as I had no way to make heat. As the night wearied on, I felt like I was being watched by something outside.  I shook it off tho, and climbed into the sleeping bag. I soon fell into deep sleep. I woke a couple hours later by a violent shaking of the tent. I knew it was not the wind. It was from all sides, wind didn’t do that.

I never had been more scared in my life. I did the kid thing, and buried myself deeper in the sleeping bag. And the shaking stop after another five minutes. I peeked out over the top of the sleeping bag. I saw no shapes or shadows in the tent sides. But then I heard the tent zipper opening up from the outside. I buried myself in the sleeping bag again. I didn’t want to see what coming thru the door. I was trapped in here. There is no place to run. There is no place to hide. I started crying and shaking because of the fear that has over taken me. Then I heard a familiar voice. It was was my sister’s voice. But it couldn’t be. I decided to look and see what it was, maybe it was her. It was…….

© 2015 Jade Whatever


Author's Note

Jade Whatever
Any suggestions will be nice

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Jade..I liked this story ..it had just the right amount of tension to keep me reading. It helps to read ones work aloud with the story teller voice to catch little grammar mistakes.. if you still dont see them just give me a holler ...keep writing..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jade Whatever

7 Years Ago

Thank you.



Reviews

Hello Jade..I liked this story ..it had just the right amount of tension to keep me reading. It helps to read ones work aloud with the story teller voice to catch little grammar mistakes.. if you still dont see them just give me a holler ...keep writing..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jade Whatever

7 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015

Author

Jade Whatever
Jade Whatever

Jersey City, NJ



About
I love writing and am always trying to improve more..

Writing