The Glass Home

The Glass Home

A Story by Jade Whatever
"

When you think there is nothing out there

"

  We have been trapped inside of this glass dome for ages. My mother has told me, that we have been inside here for almost 30 years. There is no entrance that I have found in my early years of exploring. I saw what the outside looked like once. It was a barren wasteland. No nature except the blowing white sand and the yellow sun beating down upon the land. I was so shocked by it, I never went back to the outside.  I hide inside of our forests and towns. To forget the fact we live inside a cage that is surrounded by a forever nothingness.  

    I work as a baker with my mother and my brother. My father is a farmer and he is rarely home during harvesting time. And it was that time again, so after I got done with work I walked over to where he was working in the fields. And watch for the top of the tallest tree. I liked feeling the sun on me and watching the shadows move with the sun. I sat there, watching the men and women working hard in the fields.

   When I thought I saw a shadow move on the top of the dome.

I looked up and saw nothing. But I squirted my eyes and I saw it. There was a hand print. Small, like a child put it there. I jumped out of the tree and bolted to the fields and found my father. I got his attention and exclaimed to about the hand print on top of the dome. He got mad and told me to go home and stop being so childish. I sighed and felt the tears well up in my eyes but I turned and walked home. I know I wasn’t seeing things.

    It was really there. I went inside of our house and tried to explain it to my mother but she said I was being childish and to go get ready for dinner. Sighing, I went and got washed up for dinner and helped mother set up the dinner table. I ate dinner slowly that night, hoping father would be home before I had to go to sleep. But no luck. I was almost asleep when I heard him come in and go up the creaky stairs to their room. I rolled over and fell fast asleep. I awoke suddenly the next morning to a loud banging on the door.

  It sounded urgent whatever  it was and whoever it was.

My father come down and answered it. It was our neighbor and he looked quite frighted. He was pale and shaking all over. I heard say that me and him had to come with him. I got up and looked at both them. Scared. My father followed my neighbor and I followed slowly behind my father. He was leading to the outside glass of the dome and he was walking quite hurriedly. I know he was responsible for keeping the glass looking good and make sure there is no cracks any where. We broke thru the edge and we saw what scared him so bad. On the outside of the glass, was tiny little hand prints everywhere. And there was no way to get out of the dome.

    I looked up and as far as you could there was hand prints. Human hand prints. Humans that should not exist.

© 2017 Jade Whatever


Author's Note

Jade Whatever
Is this good or not?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 1, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
Tags: short story, horror, science fiction, story

Author

Jade Whatever
Jade Whatever

Jersey City, NJ



About
I love writing and am always trying to improve more..

Writing
Disease Disease

A Story by Jade Whatever