Twilight- Ever and the After (part three)

Twilight- Ever and the After (part three)

A Story by Stef Outsiders
"

fanfiction

"

Chapter three- Surprises

 

It's been two days since I left jake and in those two days, I've stayed in my room. What is the point in hunting if he is not at my side, what is the point in anything. If jake were too realize its been long enough and its time to come home, then I wouldn't feel so empty. 

I'm beginning to think his imprinting isn't as strong as he claims to be.

I huffed deeply and searched myself out on our large bed, a light knocking at my door disturbed my thoughts. I wasn't in the mood to talk so I didn't answer. The knocking grew louder and prescient, whoever it was knew how to get my attention. In defeat, I got and up went to the door and opened it carelessly. 

It was Auntie Alice, I should of known. No one else has a knock as prescient as hers. She was holding a tray of food my Grandma Emse made for me, I sniffed in disgust as I hate food. 

"Renesmee don't look at the food like it's Alien, you need to eat. If you will not hunt I don't see any other alliterative." She said as came into my room uninvited. I rolled my eyes and lunge myself onto the bed again.

Alice placed the tray on my computer desk and came sat by me.

"You know Jacob wouldn't want you moping around like this, it's not healthy. He will return when he is done with his pack of mongrels." 

 

"Auntie Alice please, that's my husband your referring too," I said offended.

 

"I don't like seeing what he does to you thats all!" She sighed. I sat up and stared into her golden eyes with envy. As much as I love having my mothers brown circles, gold ones seem far cooler to look at. 

"We are meant to be Auntie Alice, like you and Uncle Jasper. He'd be feeling just as empty as I' am right now." I hung my head low as my chest begun to tightened.

"Well, will you come hunt with me later?" Alice asked swiftly. I wanted too but hunting is not the same without him. Alice doesn't like toying with her food, she prefers manners.

 

" I can't... another time," I said keeping my head low and twisting Jakes ring around my finger, it didn't seem to shine as much today so I cleaned the ring with my shirt. I sighed in frustration as it wouldn't sparkle and forgot Alice was still in the room.

"if you will not hunt then please eat. I'll be back to check on you later," she lightly dance her way towards the door and then stopped, spun around and had a huge scary grin across her face.  

 

"Someone is coming to see you..."

My face lit up and instantly thought of Jake but then remembered she can't see him. "Who," I said trying not to show my curiosity.

 

"it is a surprise!" 

I let out a huff with a annoyance as I hate surprises. "There here!" she grinned. At that moment the door bell rang and Alice stood to one side and waved me out of my room, dancing circles around me. Worsening my nervousness. 

"Auntie Alice cut it out, please!" 

 

The bell rang again and again, I remained firmly on the stairs while Alice ran from my side to the front door. I tried to hold this odd bit of excitement that grew in my belly. Alice opened the door slowly and grinned at a large bunch of sunflowers. she laughed lightly and went to reach for the flowers, in doing so, a handsome face peered from behind them. 

"Nathuel!" I called. Soon as I said his name the excitement poured from me to see my best friend. I ran down the stairs and leaped into his arms. "Renesmee!" 

 

"I shall leave you two be!" Alice went to place the flowers in a vase as they looked deprived. "My god, It's so good to see you," I said loosing my grip.

"And it is to see you sweet Renesmee,"

 

We took a moment to redeem ourselves and I began to feel bad for feeling happy to see him. Nathuel placed a finger under my chin as I looked to the ground and lifted my head. "Dear Renesmee, you look sad?" He said with care. 

He was the only one who really understood me, as a best friend. I couldn't keep anything from him. "Shall we go for a walk?" I asked. he didn't hesitate to answer, instead he took my hand and we headed out the door.

 

We didn't run like we normally would, I choose to walk. Like the half human I' am. Every little thing remind me of Jake so I'm doing the opposite. "I know about Jacob!" Nathuel spoke through the cloud of silence, I stopped and thought about punching him on the arm. "Edward is worried you'll do something out of the ordinary. It hurts him to see you like this, let alone what he hears!" 

 

"So thats why you are here? my father sent you. You might as well go home then as you have not come to see me out your own accord!" I snarled and begun walking back home. 

"No, Renesmee. I was planning to come and see you before your father called. He picked the perfect moment actually." 

Nathuel reach for my arm to stop me from walking any further. It hurt to know this was of my father's doing, otherwise Nathuel wouldn't of stepped within itches of the house. 

I should be angry at him for not coming to my wedding; when I insisted, if he and jake were to put their differences a side for that day, it would of been perfect. But it didn't worked out that way. 

"I've been thinking a lot about coming to see you, But I knew it would be hard with Jacob there. I've hovered by the phone for years, months and days. Waiting for that moment, then Edward phoned and Instantly knew something were wrong so here I' am with you, my dearest friend!"

 

Tears rested on my lower eyelids, blurring my version. I realized as much as I miss Jake, I've missed nathaniel too. The missing part of my life, a friend I can just about hold onto when Jake is not trying to kill him.  He cupped my left cheek and wiped away the sliver lines that trailed down my rosy skin. "I've missed you Nathuel!" I said. He smiled softly at my words, his expression looked like he's longed to hear me say that.  

"I wish I could believe that, we both know who you truly miss," He said sadly. Nathuel broke away from my glare and sighed. 

 

"What is the matter?" I cupped his hand before he could turn completely away from me. 

We wasn't like any normal best friends, we were more then that. Even though Jake's imprinting is powerful like no words can describe. Nathuel was my real brother, a sibling I'll never have. 

"I wanted to see you marry and be the best friend I should be but..."

 

I hoped this was an apology, after a long year without a phone call; he owed me a big one. "...I should of been standing at the alter with you!"

My eyes widened as it dawned on me; this was the real reason behind it all. The reason for the fights and leaving the invitation in my bin before he left. He was in love with me. 

I dropped his hand and turned away, I couldn't look at him anymore. "You've always known I loved you Renesmee, I've never had to say. You've seen it, when you touched me that day before you and jacob could be together!" He reminded me, Not that I needed it. I remember; just didn't want to believe it. 

"You can't love me, Nathuel. I love Jake, It's always been Jake." I said. I could hear my mother's voice repeat the same words in my head. 'Its always been him' were the exact words she said to Jake.

 

"I know, and I accept it dear Renesmee. I will not get in the way of that; It just means you will see less of me than either of us would like or not at all." He said. My heart crawled it's way up into my throat when those words filled his mouth. 

"Then I have to find away for Jake to accept you!" By now the tears kept coming. It was the only way I could have the two most important men in my life. 

Nathuel came up behind me and wrapped his warm arms around me, nursling his nose into my neck. "I'm sorry sweet Renesmee but why do you think of the impossible?" he breathed into my ear. 

"Because it is possible!"

 

My breathing became uneasy as he continued to hold my body, held me in a way I'm not use too. Unknown feelings emerge and that scared me, I don't love Nathuel like he love's me. I know I don't. He kissed the area behind my ear and gently rubbed my stomach; I began to feel a tingle of desire but only Jake could do this to me. I broke away furiously and Nathuel took a step back. "I'm sorry." He quickly added.

I tied my fingers into my hair and squeezed my head because it hurt. I paced the ground beneath me grunting and groaning at myself. Nathuel face changed into worry and guilt, he tried to calm me but I knew it was wrong to have thought of Nathuel that way. He's a brother and friend. Nothing more. 

 

Something was very wrong, my heart went into overdrive and couldn't breath properly. I fell to my knees gasping for air and then my version blurred. I kept seeing flames, lots of flames but it were the trees that are on fire and then people started talking, it grew louder and louder. Deafening me to Nathuel frantic voice. 

Everything spun as if were on a fairest wheel but only faster and I thought I heard myself scream, as I knew my mouth was open I could feel the air passing into it. Nothing stayed still, darkness slowly filled the forest and Nathuel began to fade with it. 

 

"Carlisle what's wrong with her?" I could hear my family whisper. At first I thought it were those voices and did not want to open my eyes. "Renesmee, my child can you hear me. It's Roslyn!" She said softly.

 

"She's coherent Roslyn, just let her rest." Grandpa Carlisle insisted. "No, I want to stay with her!" She fought back. My Auntie Roslyn is quite feisty and Grandpa is easily defeated.

"Very well." He replied. 

My thoughts kept drifting back into the forest but Roslyn humming brought me back, I carefully opened my eyes and slowly regained my version. She was stroking my hair and greeted me with her pretty smile. "Hey Renesmee!" She whispered. 

"Hey" I croaked. "What happened? Where's Nathuel?"

 

"Do not worry, everyone is downstairs. Are you thirsty?" She asked moving from her seat. Roslyn walked over to the table and poured something sweet, so sweet it made my mouth water. "Here, drink! Fresh mountain lions blood. Your favorite"

I rose myself enough so I could drink and she held the glass for me, the blood trickle down the back of my throat like a knife I almost choked. "Are you OK?" Roslyn panicked.

"Yes... just forgot... how hungry I was!" I managed to say before the coughing took over. 

 

I reached out to place my hand on her cheek and I didn't intend on reading her thoughts, but I saw her sadness behind those eyes. Mother told me that her and Roslyn did not see eye to eye, and I could see how she longed for a child of her own. And though she cannot have them physically, she thinks of me as her daughter. If mother were, touched wood, to die then she gladly take her place. "How are you feeling now?" she asked taking the glass. 

"I don't know, kinder odd maybe," I replied. She stroked my skin with a content smile and returned to the table, picked up a piece of damp cloth and came to clean my face. I liked how she mother's me, I don't really spend much time with her as she is always at Uncle Emmett's side. "You know and I know that, I haven't been there for you much since you were born. Only because how I feel when I see you with Bella," She said. "But I' am here for you Renesmee, always."

 

"I know Aunt Roslyn and thank you!" I said. I let her carry on damping the cloth across my forehead and laid back down. As I was just getting comfortable, my father came in. His face was full of fury. "What is wrong Edward?" Roslyn shot up from her seat.

He kept his eyes on Roslyn, refusing to look at me. He took Roslyn to one side, keeping secrets from me again. "Dad," I called. My mother came in and sat beside me. Once father were finished talking to her, she ran out of my room without a glance back.

"Dad, please don't keep this from me!"

 

"The Volturi are on there way here, they are coming for you! we need to get you away from here now," He answered through his teeth. Mother cradled into my side as I sat up.

"I do not want to leave, not without Jake!" I insisted. My father knew I would ask for him.

"Jacob cannot be involved Renesmee, if they knew you are courted with him. They will kill you if given the chance!" he replied with a small snarled. I pushed myself off the bed and walked to him. They would stand a better chance if the wolves were to join the fight.

"No, Renesmee." He heard my thoughts. "They cannot know they exist as they too would be killed as we have joined alliance with them." 

"Edward is right Nessie, Jake must remain in forks for his safety and yours!" Mother butted in.

I hated that they would not inform Jake of his plans. "My child is it for the best, Jasper and Emmett will inform Jake as soon as..." Something stopped father from finishing his sentence. He shielded me from whatever was going on down stairs, I heard shouting.

"Where's Nessie?"

Loud thuds came up the steps and I peered over my father's shoulder. "Jake!" I yelled in surprise. But my father would not budge. Jake's looked unsteady and I could tell he was pissed off.

"Let me see her!" He demanded. Both mother and father were in front of me, snarling at him. "Please! let me go to Jake!" I screamed at them. 

The rest of my family came up behind Jake but I couldn't see Nathuel and his breathing grew more heavy. Jake stared in my direction as I fought to get to him. "Edward, let her go!" Grandpa Carlisle demanded. Father eased his frame and broke his glare with Jake, he moved slowly to one side and mother did the same. I pushed passed them and flew into Jake, his chest was still pumping hard.

"Jake look at me, I'm here." I said grabbing his face to face me. He gave in to the sound of my voice. "Nessie..." He sighed and hungrily pulled me for a hug. After a few minutes of calming him down, I turned my attention to father who was still spitting with anger.

"You should not be here!" Father spoke harshly at him.

"And what give's you the right to take her without informing me!" Jake growled. He begun to tense again and itch his way forward.

"Don't!" I said holding him at his waist. I begun to feel as if my world was falling apart, because the people I love have proven disloyal to each other. And the pressure was on my shoulders to amend this.

"How did you know Jacob?" Uncle Jasper spoke up.

 

"I smelt them, they actually smell worser than you!" Jake's Jaw clenched. "Seth and Leah were out patrolling and came across there tracks moments ago and reported back to me, so I came straight here as their trails were leading this way!" Jakes voice was still tense. Father looked straight at Alice, Uncle Jasper held her and then Father returned to Jake. 

"What did she see?" Jake grumbled. Father and Jake spoke with there minds. "No!" He spat. I looked at them confused, hurting that they were keeping me out of this when I want to help. 

Mother carefully walked towards us but father tried to hold her, she brushed him off. "Jake... we need to get Nessie out off here. I don't want to fight you!" She talked lightly to him.  

I rested my head against Jake's shoulder as they continued to talk, their voices faded. And was replaced with a voice I did not recognize. 

'Come to us child, come to us' It spoke in a foreign tongue. 

 

"Nessie... Are you OK?" I heard Jake say. "Er... I don't know." I replied. I put my hand on Jake's cheek as I was too hazy to speak or explain and he picked me up in his arms. "She needs to lay down!" He said to the others. 

Jake carried me back into my room and laid me down on my bed. I started to feel hot and as much as I wanted him near me the heat was making me worse.

"Carlisle!" Father called to him and remained near the window away from Jake. I felt Carlisle's cold fingers hold my wrist checking for my pulse. "It is fast and her temperature is high, we need to get some fluids into her!" He instructed. 

"This is my fault!" Jake's voice sounded stressed. And then I heard a low growl brew in his chest and a hiss from my father, bodies collided into a wall.

"JACOB!" Uncle Jasper held him at his arms and so did Emmett. Jasper tried to calm things down but Jake wasn't buying it. 

"Save your hexing for someone else!" He snapped at Jasper. He had my father pinned to the wall. 

"Edward stop!" Carlisle cut in. "Now is not the time for this, Renesmee needs us," 

 

"The Volturi, have stopped in a clearing north west from here. But there not alone. Masked figures have intervene... I cannot see them properly!" Alice said. Father and Jake released each other and Jasper, Emmett stayed closed to them. 

"What should we do? Edward?" Jasper waited for instructions, as did the rest. All eyes were on Father but he walked away without saying a word. 

© 2010 Stef Outsiders


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting....im not much of a Twlight fan, but you are doing fabulous... I actually enjoyed it! haha, a few grammar errors and spelling issues, but nothing making it unreadable! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 19, 2010

Author

Stef Outsiders
Stef Outsiders

United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone I am writer but still have a long way to go, have been writing for four years now, i like to read, love art, photography drawing and designing! I'm 26 years old, have two beautiful ch.. more..

Writing