The Truth about the Syrian Massacre

The Truth about the Syrian Massacre

A Story by unspokenn
"

In a technologically advanced world, one would think that the cries of humanity is heard and answered. In this story, the truth about what this massacre is viewed as is explored.

"
Here’s one thing, and one thing only you will ever need to know about me: I am a television junkie. I devour the endless hours of superb drama and tragic endings. Just when you thought you knew what was going to happen in an episode, a whole new twist is presented to crush your well thought out theories. I practically spend all my time sitting on the edge of my seat whenever I am in front of a TV. The greatest shows of all are ones that seem so real and unreal at the same time. Episodes could depict something that is so believable such as a war, yet be so unbelievable because of the practicality of the entire situation. 
      For instance, one of my favorite shows of all time is called The Holocaust. The storyline of this show was thoroughly written with strenuous amounts of details that all led up to a major, quite appalling conclusion. The Holocaust was set in a dystopian world where tension between countries raged to the point that peace treaties were not in the question anymore. Rather than settle things out through a handshake and signature, a war was erupted to settle things out. The world was in a war, and a tragic war indeed. The antagonists of the show were known as Nazis, and they would scavenger to find men, women, and even children of Jewish descent in order to lock them up into these fenced off death camps known as concentration camps. The depths of these camps were explored and I witnessed the horrific events these people went through at the whims of some people that adorned themselves as supreme. That show kept my skin crawling and heart racing. God forbid such a tragedy ever happen in real life. But honestly, if something did happen, then I can trust in the world that they will stop such monstrous activities.  
      Ever since that show ended, I have been waiting for another show that could satisfy my cravings. For a while now, there have been commercials and trailers of a new show. This one is supposed to be ten times better. This show was going to be filmed live. 
      I turn on the television and grab some snacks I had set up in order to create a sensational moment for the first episode of the season of Syrian Massacre. As the title of this show permits, the setting of this new series is in Syria. From the commercials I have been able to pick up on some key points of this new show. Here’s the whole synopsis: In a new age and time where technology is probing, a genocide is being committed before the eyes of millions of viewers. This genocide resulted when an oppressive president rose to power in Syria and created a dystopian society. The essential point of the show is to see whether the civilians can overcome the massive force of the Assad regime, which had exclusive access to weapons and soldiers that could slaughter anyone.
     Turning to the screen, I see soldiers grabbing men, women, and children and pushing them up against a wall. They were given orders not to move one single muscle. A whole line of people was made, and one by one, the bodies of these humans fell to the ground, followed by a pool of blood encircling them. People are racing to the fallen individuals only to be shot themselves by the destructive weaponry of the world. My ears were bombarded with screams and cries of pain over the sound of gunshots and missiles and bombs exploding. I clenched my fists from fear. Oh man am I happy that this is all just a show. The world would never be so cruel to let something this sinister unfold. The world would be proactive in its efforts to save humanity. No. No. The world is not so cruel…
      The video camera panned over the entire city of Aleppo and an overwhelming gloomy color of gray fogged up the camera. There were crushed buildings all across the city. Buildings that may have once housed joyful people, have crumbled to the floor. I pondered how hard it must have been to construct a scene of destruction for the sake of an episode. 
       Next, I saw into the dwellings of these civilians. The home that was shown looked as if it was on the edge of collapsing. Just then a child, crying, exclaimed his hunger and fear in the state he’s living in. I looked into this child’s eye and felt a sense of devastation. Looking down at my own food, I wished I could give it to this child which clenched his growling stomach. A shot of another child was filmed to show her looking through the broken buildings. She was asked by the camera man what she was looking for to which she replied “my mama and baba.” She was so persistent in looking through the blocks of cement that piled up on the floor. Looking at the magnitude of this destruction, no one could have made it out alive. I felt tears swell in my eyes as I watched her persistent efforts in looking for her parents she lost. 
       The first episode was near ending, and I could already tell it’s going to be bigger than The Holocaust. These two shows are quite similar actually. Only, the concentration camp in Syria seems to be the country’s borders. 
      Looking back at the TV, I see a sudden swarm of soldiers, which I assumed were working for Assad, raid the city. Missiles were heard whistling above, and smoke was billowing from all parts of the city. I clenched the pillow at my hand as I spotted a missile nearing the video camera. It was so close. I heard the panic in the camera man’s voice as he ran to avoid being attacked. And suddenly… Blackness. The episode has ended. 
       That was strange. How could it just end right there. Was this done on purpose? I felt warm tears rush to my eyes at the possibility of the child being crushed by the weight of his own home. I sobbed at the prospect of the poor girl ending her efforts of looking for her parents because she probably found them elsewhere. How. What. Why. Why did this episode end like this? If this was supposed to be a strategic move by the producers and directors of the show, then props to them because they have caught my attention 100%. But, there’s just one thing. One thing that I almost forgot…This show was filmed live. 

© 2016 unspokenn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on December 19, 2016
Last Updated on December 19, 2016
Tags: syria, humanity, realistic