Mirror

Mirror

A Story by Chloe
"

Little story off the top of my head. :)

"

                You shoved yourself out of the bed and stared. There it was, unblinking and unmoving. It seemed just as surprised as you, its mouth closed and slightly pursed but its eyes wider than the horizon seems when you stand upon the cool sand dunes that border the ocean so well. We all know that the horizon is not a measurable thing, as it is something you can only view subjectively, but you like to arbitrarily assign adjectives such as wide and small and nice and blue to objects everyone else views entirely differently, as all humans like to.


                Even as you thought those things, still it stared.


                It was like this every day when you got up. You would look at it curiously from your bed and it would look curiously back at you. You eventually got bored of looking at it so, and you imagined it got bored as well, so you walked off and it went with you for a while, though you stopped seeing it by your side as you exited your room. Then you ate breakfast, and then you went to work. You saw it a few times in your workplace, but you never saw it for longer than a minute or two until you got home.

                As you lay in bed, falling asleep, you just stared at it. It just stared at you. You both just stared, and that was the extent of your relationship.


                At least until today.


                Looking at it move while you stood still sent shivers up and down your spine like someone with cold fingers stroking your back slowly at first, but progressively more quickly until your body was covered in icicles that stung and burnt. It stared, trying to free itself from a sort of prison it seemed to be trapped in. Its hand shot through the surface, sending ripples across the glass. It grinned. You did not.

                The creature inside the mirror was free, and as you were pushed into the prison it had been so desperately trying to escape from, you realized that you were not.

© 2014 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
If there is any way I could make this a bit creepier, I would genuinely appreciate it. Feel free to correct any grammar problems and suggestions are appreciated as well. :) Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is great. The ending was creepily terrific!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Gosh, I love this Chloe! But then probably 'cos I'm a Stephen King and Dean Koontz fan.
I think it's creepy enough. Although, the hand that shoots through the mirror lacks claws (?) talons (?)
just jokin.
nice writing Chloe

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 15, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: mirror, scary stories, it, weird, random, odd, project, creature

Author

Chloe
Chloe

About
Hi. I'm Chloe. I'm currently working on getting my first book published. I like writing poems and anything odd and/or horrifying. more..

Writing
Ticking Ticking

A Poem by Chloe


Subway Subway

A Story by Chloe