I Dream

I Dream

A Poem by cv

I dream of death,
Yes, death.
She visits me in my solitude, in my silence,
She tells me it's time to leave,
And time is of the essence,
And soon I will join her in complete solidarity.

I dream of misery,
Yes, misery.
He visits me in my times of trouble,
He tells me he won't stay long,
But misery loves company,
And soon I will join him in complete solidarity.

I dream of life,
Yes, life.
She often visits me, 
She tells me to keep breathing,
she tells me she will come for me one day,

But how can life exist, how can life want someone like me who has already chosen death?

© 2018 cv


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, very interesting. In a fundamental way we can't actually choose any of these things. They come whether we want them or not. But perhaps it seems we choose misery and death more, or at least we come to accept them. Life was thrust upon us before we were conscious. It is there where thought arises. And if all is well, we generally give life no thought. Misery and death, however, demand our attention. So we are forced to consciously come to grip with them.

An interesting write, CV.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 6 Years Ago


I would say conservatively that this one is not your basic upper. That's not a criticism, just an observation. Interestingly, both life and death are characterized as feminine, while misery is a guy. Don't know if that's intentional, but it's food for thought. Also, the first three stanzas speak of dreams, which are involuntary, but the final one indicates the speaker has voluntarily chosen death. Are then the first three the result of the last, or is it vice versa? Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I struggle with Anxiety and depression. It sucks sometimes but the cure that I've found is to write! It's the most joyful thing that I do. I know what your going through because I too, have been in the same spot. I just wanted to let you know that whatever you go through... whenever it just feels like it's too much for you... write! It will take away those pains and hardships. I would also like to say that you have real potential in your writing and I am Genuinely surprised how amazing your writing style is! It was fantastic and I just wanted to let you know that you could even one day be a published author/writer if you wanted to! Keep smiling, keep writing, and most importantly. be you! You have a talent and this is a talent that all people should see and read!
I have a story here about my best friend, you don't have to read it if you don't want to, but I felt like I should share it with you. :)

Your friend,

C. Lee Battaglia

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/chasebattaglia/1445363/

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 26, 2018
Tags: life, death, depression, poem

Author

cv
cv

TX



Writing
The Clock The Clock

A Poem by cv


I'm Sorry I'm Sorry

A Poem by cv



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..