Pretending

Pretending

A Story by Valendette

"face to face,
and heart to heart
We're so close
yet so far apart
i close my eyes,
i look away,
thats just because
we're not okay
i hold on
i stay strong
wondering if
we still belong"



"Will you just stop? okay stop! quit pretending for five seconds that your made of stone. I know you feel. I see it in the way you look at Anna. I see it in the way you fight. I see it in the way you dance." a soft hint of a smile touches the corner of his mouth, remembering the night i forced myself into forgeting. His expression soon goes somber and  his piercing blues look down at me " I see it billie, you try so damn hard to hide it from everyone but i still see. I see you. So will you just stop hiding, open your eyes and see me?"


His words shock me. Shake me to the core and cause an unsettling feeling in my stomach. I guess they could be called butterflies. MIne are more like hummingbirds.


I quickly look down, away from his emploring blue eyes so that my mind can function on its own. I cant let this happened again. I just cant. I swallow down the dry lump in my throat and force myself to look him in the eyes.


"I dont know what your talking about..." i mumble, the icy edge in my voice taking much effort.


then, in an instant my cool persona is shattered, the very moment the warm palm of his hand touches my cheek.



"Look at me" he orders softly. My body tenses and i shake my head stiffly. The roughend skin of his thumb runs over my cheek bone, tracing the line of my scar. instantly my eyes flick up to his as the hummingbirds beat their wings within me. its the way he's looking at me. The way his eyes look into me, how they read me and instantly know everything i try to hide.

He was right.

He does see me.

Even the parts i wont allow myself to see.

I have to stop this.

Before..

I open my mouth, prepared with my best explaination as to why he should stop. but my words are silenced the moment his lips press against mine. Just like his hands, warm and soft, yet rough in a way i cant quite place. His kiss should scare me. It should scream the words "Your not ready!" but instead the only thing i hear is "Go".

© 2012 Valendette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have a knack for writing stories, as in books, the words flow almost effortlessly and you feel yourself right there with the narrator in her story. This was captivating and your characters seem to have a pull to them that I don't think anyone in their right mind could resist. It was fun to read, looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You have a knack for writing stories, as in books, the words flow almost effortlessly and you feel yourself right there with the narrator in her story. This was captivating and your characters seem to have a pull to them that I don't think anyone in their right mind could resist. It was fun to read, looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 26, 2012
Tags: pretending, love, hate, fake, lovers, fate, kiss, boy, girl

Author

Valendette
Valendette

greencastle, IN



About
нєℓℓσ αℓℓ му ƒєℓℓσω ѕтαℓкєяѕ. ιƒ у&si.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Valendette


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Valendette