Wrong Side of Heaven

Wrong Side of Heaven

A Story by Kent Clark
"

The fall of an angel. (Prequel story to Pawn on mine and Katie's [Kent & Katie's co-authored stories] page).

"
Wrong Side Of Heaven
On an abandoned street, a lone figure stands, covered head to toe in blood. He looks to the two corpses in front of him, realizing his mistake too late. In his hand he holds a sword, drenched in the same amount of blood as himself, the tool of his victim's demise. 
What have I done, he asks himself in his head. How could I have done such a thing?
He drops to his knees, weeping as he does. He knows now what this means. For his injustice, he will be severely punished. The ones he loves will remain as they are now, but not him. He will be damned to wander the depths of Hell for all time, as is the life of a fallen angel, which he must now become.
"If you know it's going to happen, then why so upset about it, Balthazar," a feminine voice rings from behind him. He turns to see a woman with flowing blond hair and astonishing blue eyes. "After all, it was you who killed these to angels," she gestures towards the two angels he just killed.
"I am upset because of what I've done, Gabriel," he responds. "Because of what I'm going to have to leave behind."
"If you knew the penalty, then why did you kill them?"
"I had reason to believe they were involved in a conspiracy to destroy Heaven, Madam Arch."
That is not a lie. Early that day, a leader of a local parish whom had knowledge of the war of Heaven and Hell told him that he saw two angels consorting with demons. Never before had a priest lied to an angel, so he went on what he was told. Little did he know that he was wrong to follow such advice. He was so, very wrong.
"I will grant you a reprieve for all your service," Gabriel said, approaching him. "You shall not fall to Hell, but you will not be a mortal, either. I will take from you that which makes you an angel. I will remove your halo."
Shock and fear reverberate through Balthazar. Never before had an angel of death been made to live the life of an Earth-bound fallen angel. They were either sent straight to Hell, or made into mortals by the removal of halo and wings. What was Gabriel thinking? What did she have in mind?
Before he could voice this question, Balthazar felt a deep pain ignite in him. He look to see Gabriel gripping the floating circle of light that floated above his golden hair!
"Good bye, Balthazar," she whispered.
With inhuman force, she rips the halo from him in one swift motion. His golden hair slowly turns pitch black as an inky darkness creeps over him. His once white wings are overcome by the same substance, as are his eyes, which turn from bright green to that of a dark emerald. Even his sword is covered in blackness.
What have I become? How can I now be out of Heaven's grace and still be in the Devil's cross-hairs?
Those are the last words he thinks before giving into the pain and slipping into a different kind of darkness, which, unfortunately, he will and must eventually wake from. 

© 2014 Kent Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This will now be part of mine and Katie's coauthor page-

Posted 10 Years Ago


Really nice, seems like it could be a good series. Also, I should've known you'd choose a 5FDP title Lol

Posted 10 Years Ago


This doesn't sound like a story more like it should be a book. Keep that in mind I loved it and if you do turn it into a book I would very much so Like to read it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love this story, nicely written.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on July 4, 2014

Author

Kent Clark
Kent Clark

Canton, OH



About
I'm an up-and-coming writer and would like to use this site to get more feedback on my work. I have no published works as of now, but am working on it. I take inspiration from anything and am always t.. more..

Writing
Who Who

A Story by Kent Clark