One

One

A Chapter by Kasaundra

 It was a simple summer day. Both of my parents were at work so it was just me sitting in the living room, watching TV and making friends with my shadow on the wall. It was nothing too spectacular. Then I heard a tapping on the front door. It was the middle of the day, for Christ sake, I don’t think a burglar or a serial killer would knock.

I always knew there was something about him, something I did not quite trust. John was a barbaric excuse for a man, or even a human being for that matter. He was tall, about six feet and he towered over four foot eight inch me. Some girls would’ve considered this man to be ‘sexy.’ Yeah, I thought that he was good looking, but he was just an acquaintance. He used to date my friend Amanda until she moved to Chicago and all of us “lost contact” with each other.

I invited him inside. We walked through the kitchen and made it to the living room. The tension between us was thick. It was as if someone turned the heat on full blast, but I thought it was because we had not seen each other in over two years.

“Would you like a piece of candy?” I asked to be polite. After all, he was a guest.

“Thanks,” he said before grabbing as Lifesaver from the glass, crystal dish.

We talked for a bit, mostly reminding each other about old times.

“Remember the time you had that canister of cheese balls and you tried to shoot them into your mouth but kept missing?”

He laughs, “Yeah, those were good times.”

“Back when I was friends with Amanda and you dated her.”

“That was some time ago, what, about two years?”

“I think so. Damn it’s been a while!”

He paused for a moment, “So, how’s Amanda?” Honestly, I had no idea. All I knew is that she got involved with some hard drugs about five months after moving. I didn’t think that he wanted to hear that, so I spared him and said I didn’t know.

“What is it like in Otsego?” I asked him.

“Not too different from Allegan, lots of ponds, rivers, you know.”

“Yeah, you’re not that far from here anyways, why would it be different?”

He moved over to sit on the sofa I was on and sat right beside me, “I’m not sure. You’re the one who asked.” He was practically on top of me and it seemed like a flirtatious gesture, so I didn’t let it bother me too much. I was single and I took it as a compliment. He put his hand on my shoulder; it was just a friendly motion.  Besides, to be honest I was always jealous of Amanda back in the day when she dated him, but I never wanted to admit it.

His hand stayed there for a bit, but after about 3 minutes his hand slid down to my left breast. He gave it a mild squeeze; it sent chills up and down my spine. I moved his hand aside and gave him a small smile. Then without a word, he just put it back and squeezed a little harder than before. A tiny, high-pitched yelp emerged from deep inside my body.

“Shhh, be quiet.”

He slid his hand down past my breasts, over my hips, and then over to my private area. This time I shrieked.

“Shhh, it will be ok.”

 He unbuttoned my jeans and put his hand down inside my underpants. His hand was cold, it caused me to wince and jump, but he took his other hand and held me still.

“Don’t move, Baby Doll. It’s better if you just relax!” He muttered as he slid a few fingers inside my body. Tears started to fill my eyes and I began to sniffle and make sounds of distress. This couldn’t be happening, I was a virgin and I wanted to keep it that way until I met the person I would spend the rest of my life with.

“But I don’t want--”

“Be quiet, Baby Doll, it will all be ok.”.

I wanted to scream and get the police called, but I couldn’t get out a scream, it was as if my voice was gone, like he had stolen it from me. He pulled his fingers out from inside me, took both his hands, and slid down my pants with ease. Next off were my underpants, he slid them down past my ankles and threw them aside. I was motionless and didn’t know what to do. While putting one hand firmly on my shoulder to hold me still he took his remaining hand, unzipped his pants, and pulled down his boxers to reveal himself. He took the same hand he used to take off his pants and placed it on my other shoulder before straddling over me and pushing me down on the couch. I sat back up promptly.

“Lay down, Baby Doll,” he says. This was when I started to yell and belt out tears.

            “Baby Doll, you don’t want to be shouting and crying like this, now do you? You know better.”

I shuddered as his cold hands pried apart my legs and lifted me into a position where he could stick himself inside of me. He put himself in slowly, making sure I didn’t move. He started thrusting himself in and out of my body as he groaned. These horrible sounds engulfed me as the putrid smell of his breath hit my face with each grunting exhale.

            I couldn’t hold it back, the physical pain was too much; it burnt and stung. It was as if I was a banquet, on which he feasted. I began to sob louder. I wanted this to end. That was when an open hand came traveling towards my face at optimal speed, smacking me.

            “Shut up, Baby Doll, be a good girl and I won’t have to hurt you anymore.”

            I gathered myself and nodded “yes.” He continued to thrust and moan, grunt and pound. My agony was no indicator to him to stop. I felt numb, as though I was frozen in time and powerless. I closed my eyes as tight as I could and prayed to my grandmother and to God that it would end but it looked like my guardian angel had taken the day off.

            He started to whisper dirty things into my ear. He was telling me that I was such a “tight girl” and that he had wanted this for years. I laid there motionless, voiceless, and powerless as he took my innocents away and left me damaged.

Finally, it was over. His warm, sticky seaman was left on and inside my girl parts. He grabbed his boxers and pants and put them on in one swift motion.

            “You were a good girl, Baby Doll,” he said with a smirk on his face. “Why don’t you call me and we can do it again sometime?”
            I was left there exposed. He just found his way to the door and closed it behind him making sure not to slam it. I laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling for quite some time. Did this really just happen or was I stuck in a horrific nightmare? I knew it was real, I hurt to much for it to just be a dream.

I heard a car roll into the driveway and a door close; I jumped, afraid that it was John again. I grabbed my pants that were still on the floor and ran to my room to hide. From my room I could hear them come inside and walk through the kitchen. There was a tap and squeak of shoes on the tile floor.

“Daniella, are you home?”

Thank God!

“Yes, Daddy; I’m in my room getting changed,” I managed to say, without sniffling.

            He didn’t have to know, at least not yet. Still, I knew the drill, The What You Do If You Are Raped crap from health class. I threw on the clothes I was wearing that he took off me and called Ami.

            “Hello?” she answered.

            “It’s me, are you home?”

“Yeah, I ‘m home, how come?”

“Good, I’ll be right over.”

“What’s going�".” I hung up the phone before I gave her a chance to ask questions.

            I walked out of my room and into the hallway where some my childhood pictures hung. It burned to see my innocence as a child and knowing it was now gone. I sprinted down the hall and avoided eye contact with the photos.

 “I’m going to Ami’s!” Before my father could respond, I was out the door.

            I ran down the street about a half a block before I arrived at Ami’s house. Her lawn was freshly cut. I inhaled deeply and took in that refreshing, clean smell before making my way to her door and knocking.

            “What is going on, how did you get here so fast?”

            “I �" I ran.”

            “Why? What’s going on, Daniella?”

            “John Jordan.”

            “Ok, yeah, what about him?”

“Can I come in, please?” I asked as tears started to fall from my eyes and my thoughts all began to jumble together into a mess.

“Yeah, of course,” She moved aside and gestured for me to come in and sit down.

What do I say? Ami looked at me with wide concerned eyes, not saying anything. She just stared at me and waited for me to tell her what happened.

“John came to my house.” I managed to say between panicking sobs.

            “What? Why? He doesn’t even live here anymore.”

            “Ami, I think, well, I was…” I was afraid to tell her, I didn’t know why, but I was.

            “What, you were what? Daniella, what the f**k happened?”

            It was rape, I knew It was. I said NO.

I looked up at her, “John raped me,” I whispered into my hands as I cried.

Ami stood in shock for a moment, motionless before she sat down next to me on the sofa and looked at me. It seemed as though she was afraid to touch me or even breathe on me though.

After a long pause she finally spoke, “Daniella, we need to get you to a hospital.”

            “I don’t want to tell the police,” I stuttered, “I really don’t want to go through that s**t.”

“We won’t call the police, but you need to be seen.”

Before I had a chance to reply, the keys to the car were in her hand and she was ready to go.

“Come on, we’re going to the hospital, now!

I had to listen to her; I knew she was right, I knew the drill. I followed her while anxiety crawled around like cockroaches in my stomach. We both got into the car. I went to grab her hand in fear, but she jerked away. It seemed as though I disgusted her.

We drove the entire way to the hospital without saying a word to each other. Then finally, we arrived at what a sign read to be Allegan General Hospital, Emergency Room.



© 2014 Kasaundra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love this! Wonderful job!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2014


Author

Kasaundra
Kasaundra

Marshfield, MA



About
My name is Kasaundra but I go by Kassi. I'm very passionate about English and have been writing since I can remember.I write both poetry, fiction novels, and s.. more..

Writing
Stay Alive Stay Alive

A Poem by Kasaundra