Facing Reality

Facing Reality

A Poem by Salem Fitzgerald
"

This is lame af but I just keep writing and want to post everything bc it's like spilling out. Whatever.

"
I like to think of you as a solitary figure alone on a bar stool in a crowded place. Head hung, glass full, deep in thought. I like to imagine that when you're in a group and you aren't having fun. You're at a party or something and you are outside looking up instead of inside getting high. I like to imagine that when you drive and it's just you and the radio that it's sad songs you listen to and me you think about. I like to imagine that you are more quiet, more thoughtful, more pensive and more tired than normal. I like to imagine that you feel how I feel. But deep down, the truth is always there. That is not reality.

© 2015 Salem Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Salem Fitzgerald
This sounds better when it's spoken.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch. You are not playin, huh. I think it's great on paper, but I haven't heard it spoken. I am a lot older than you but I can SO relate. Which means this appeals to a broad audience.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Most poems sound better when it's spoken, none the less it was great anyway. I wish I could speak my poems but I have a terrible stutter.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2015
Last Updated on October 4, 2015
Tags: Poem, free verse, sad

Author

Salem Fitzgerald
Salem Fitzgerald

Small Town, WI



About
I walk through life imagining events that have yet to happen. I yearn for adventure and passion. I'm let down so often by everyone I meet so I spend a lot of time alone. I'm a writer, a philosopher, a.. more..

Writing