3am

3am

A Poem by Salem Fitzgerald
"

I'll write about you always.

"
It's 3am and I'm wide awake. It's September and I can't sleep. I'm up writing poems about you that come so naturally you'd think we've known each other decades. I can't breathe. We had no resolution. No epilogue. No closure. Someone burned the book our story was written in before it was completed. I am restless. 
 It's 3am and I'm wide awake. It's November and I'm scared I'm going to lose you again. I can't believe you're back. I can't breathe. I know I am not healed and I know I should take it slow but I can't stay away. If I never let go, you can never leave.. I'm praying you don't leave again. 
 It's 3am and I'm wide awake. It's January, you're laying next to me. I'm watching you sleep and knowing that if I told you I loved you right now you'd squeeze my hand slightly and say it back. If you woke up right now and saw me, you'd smile and call me a creep. I can't breathe when you smile. I'm wide awake writing a new beginning and a new future in a new book about us. 
 It's 3am and I'm wide awake, so in love I can't sleep. You're so peaceful and relaxed it's hard not to wrap my body around yours. But I don't, for fear id wake you. So instead I'll watch your eyelids flutter in perfect synchronicity with my heartbeats knowing as long as you're next to me, I never want to sleep through the night again.

© 2017 Salem Fitzgerald


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

if anyone ever ask me what love is , I would show your poems , you write so beautifully and express your heart with no fear , beautiful

Posted 5 Years Ago


Salem Fitzgerald

5 Years Ago

That is an amazing compliment. Thank you so much!
I can only relate to about half of this, but it's written in such a raw way that I feel I know them all. Lovely.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow. The feelings are intense and bare, shoved in your face without any kind of hiding. Makes me feel like the loss of more of those moments would be soul-crushing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Salem Fitzgerald

6 Years Ago

They definitely would be. Thank you
Delightful cameos of those late night moments along the journey of the relationship which is described.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Salem Fitzgerald

6 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
Wonderful...yet again. Really does seems that it comes to you naturally. Very well expressed!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Salem Fitzgerald

6 Years Ago

Thanks again
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No problem
Gorgeous poetry, I love the voice a whisper of regret rising in a crescendo before a gentle whisper again of contentment... The way this unfolds gives me the warm feels. I'm so pleased you dropped by my piece so I could drop in on this. Warmest regards, Rach

Posted 7 Years Ago


Salem Fitzgerald

7 Years Ago

Thank you!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

507 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 10, 2017
Tags: Love, lgbt, poem

Author

Salem Fitzgerald
Salem Fitzgerald

Small Town, WI



About
I walk through life imagining events that have yet to happen. I yearn for adventure and passion. I'm let down so often by everyone I meet so I spend a lot of time alone. I'm a writer, a philosopher, a.. more..

Writing