This is Just Who I Am: part 3

This is Just Who I Am: part 3

A Story by Victoria

I knew I had to be a man for my momma and my siblings I'm only 15 yet I slang. I'm following in my abuelo's foot steps my dad says. I yelled back at him, " I'm more of a father to your children than you are! When are you home do say good night to Alexa sú familia." He doesn't realize the harm he's doing to the babies and that family is all you have. I'm the closest thing my siblings have to a father, that this is why I'm so mean, closed off. Shoot momma ain't know yet but I'm making an example for my baby on the way. I gotta girl knocked up and she ain't want an abortion. So, I guess I better learn what it's like to be a father.
My girl Emilia is so beautiful with cream skin and dark eyes, long straight hair that hangs to her waist. I'm only 15 yet I'm having a family making a living in an illegal way. Taking care of my own. I guess you can say this is just who I am.

© 2017 Victoria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Taking care of your own is an oft used phrase, which doesn't even scrape the surface of what is involved in caring for others, it takes a life put on the back burner for the benefit of others and every ounce of love and care you possess, and then some. Some of us are lucky enough to know people like that, and be grateful to them for all we are.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 1, 2017
Last Updated on May 1, 2017

Author

Victoria
Victoria

reedley, CA



About
im a 18 years old and I love simple poetry. more..

Writing
My Love My Love

A Poem by Victoria