Oblivion

Oblivion

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus
"

Sometimes you just want to sink.

"
                                                                          Oblivion                                                                              
         
My pain is my own,
Yet you stand there with your pity,
And "I know how you feel"
How could you? Why would you want to?
I wish to feel numb safe from this torment,
And you want to "understand this feeling"
I want to be appreciative and grateful,
For your kindness but I'm hurt,
And you don't understand,
And no, you have no inkling of my sorrow,
Leave me be,
Let me drown in nothingness.
And if you are my friend,
And you want to ease my pain,
You will meet me on the other side,
Where your kindness isn't like a thorn,
Digging deeper into my wound,
But a healing salve on my aching heart.

© 2014 Vidya Bacchus


Author's Note

Vidya Bacchus
Maybe you don't always know what someone is going through.Contrary to what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

' Let me drown in nothingness.. '

Even if we suffer within same or abundantly similar situation - whatever it involves, we feel deeply and for different reasons. Hurt is part mind, part heart and part fear of the aftermath - all of which is unique. Maybe what we really need is a gentle touch, a few kind words that just let you know there's someone who cares.. no less, no more. Pain is what it is, d****t, let us bathe in it a while, til it evaporates and the sun shines again.

Sorry too many personal thoughts, not enough thought for your poem. Your writing is incredible moving and honest.. tis self turned inside out but the numbness still hidden in darkness. Your words touch places in this reader..

Posted 9 Years Ago


emmajoy

8 Years Ago

Friends come and go, friends who've left such wonderful thoughts and words behind. Sadly though, the.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

8 Years Ago

Thank you girl.I miss you too :)
emmajoy

8 Years Ago

:) trebled because.. well, why not!
'I know how you feel.' How many times have we heard that said. A friend said it to me once, just after my dog, a perfect companion for six years, had been run over by a car. Only an animal you might say, but I wanted to scream to the heavens, No! no, you don't f####### understand!! How can you, he wasn't yours.

Healing is sometimes best left to the sufferer. T

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you Terpsichore :)
Ah, I have experienced this first hand. Helpful advice from those who have no idea what it is I am going through. That has taught me some valuable lessons, I never ever spit in the wind for it could happen to me and I never ever tell someone I know how you feel even if our experiences seem similar on the outside. Pain is a personal path and what we need is someone to hold our hand as we walk it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you Blue.This is so very true :)
I really enjoyed reading this poem. I feel like people are constantly digging and "trying to help" in situations that you just need to be left alone to figure out. I myself am guilty of that as well, but I can appreciate the feelings of needing to figure things out for yourself. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much jzadski :)
The feeling in this poem is amazing! It leaks through each and every line! Such a great write, my friend! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you Michael :)
This is written with such a deep feeling of dispair and wanting to push away any reminder of that dispair so that you can exist in the numb womb of denial. It is like someone in a car crash not wanting to be touched by the paramedics who come to extract them and heal them. They know the intention is sound but moving will be more painful and might realise their worst fear. Well expressed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

This is true.Thank you very mush John :)
Best intentions can be unwanted attentions. Better sometimes to be alone and be able to close out the hurt rather than be reminded of it.

Beccy.



Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you Beccy :)
Wow Vidya!! I know how this feels!! I'm grieving terribly right now and theres always someone who thinks they know how I feel or what I should feel, theres always an answer to my pain as well. I need to find God, I need to have faith, I need to think positive, I need to be strong...blah blah blah. Do they think im a helpless idiot? How presumptuous people become in the face of another persons suffering. And even if they mean well you get mad..which only adds to what youre dealing with. Sigh...why can't they just be there with a kind heart and hold your hand?? No words or judgement..

Amazing write...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Thank you Red.That's absolutely right.Sometimes less judging and more being silent would be nice lol
You have pain? What bout me? I does be in pain sometimes when I wake up and hear u singin around u house. Your pain could could never compare to that horrible screeching sound. Good poem non the less.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Hahaha you is an a*s brother of mine.You suppose to be numb from the singing that raj does be doing... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2696 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014
Tags: pain, numb, torment, pity.

Author

Vidya Bacchus
Vidya Bacchus

point fortin, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I am usually a very happy person.I love writing ,I try to write what I feel. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil