A product of sex and violence

A product of sex and violence

A Poem by vigilantebastard
"

I've joined this site for opinions, i do not care what, i just want feed back... opinions!!! Yet getting 60 views with not 1 review ..

"
They hide in plain sight, under the guise of good.
The wisest of men are often misunderstood.
You take my hand, with intentions pre-planned.
We have a voice... and they say its our choice.
He is just blind of mind, cant you see?
People get ready to scream, 1.2... 3

She sits on her own in a viciously loud silence...
I... am just a product of sex, and violence! 

© 2017 vigilantebastard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are some clever lines I enjoyed in this write: hiding under the guise of good (I’ve ran into many like this... and everyone puts up that facade, especially in today’s rampant social media world.. everyone appears to have it “all together,” right??? Seemingly so, but everyone is broken and messed up within... no one has it all together, nor could possibly be ‘all good.’

Also, the wisest of men are often misunderstood... again, alluding to the same notion.. that beyond their wisdom, are they truly wise? We are all but mere human as doing all the same things, making all the same mistakes, albeit painfully tragic... none of the wisest are above fault and to hold anyone to such a lofty standard would be foolish.

But my favorite line of all: She sits on her own in a viciously loud silence.

First of all, I absolutely love juxtapositions such as this one.. for silence to be loud implies a painful frustrating quality to the lack of sound.. so much weight and palpable emotion is carried in that lack of sound. But this silence isn’t just loud; it’s “viciously” loud indicating such haunting cruelty of parasitic/preying destruction.. beautifully written!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
/
The first two lines seem unrelated. Who hides in plain sight? You don't have to say who outright, you can use metaphors or some other vehicle to describe them but pinpointing the antagonist gives me more of a subject to identify.

They.....you.....we.....he....she.....this might be a bit confusing to the reader.
He is just blind of mind sounds like an apology.

She sits.....who is she.

I know what you're talking about but you must be clearer in your writing. Don't think there's a rule that says you have to rhyme either.

As far as getting reviews, don't be anxious for those here. The people on this site are not going to happily share their thoughts with anyone they don't know. That's why I closed my account. I did plenty of reviews and got nothing in return.

And don't anticipate a reply either. Some may, but a lot of others won't. You'll find these problems on a lot of sites.

Posted 6 Years Ago


vigilantebastard

6 Years Ago

if you need it simpler.. he, she, they, we, you etc.. dont represent actual specific people, they re.. read more
/

6 Years Ago

Thanks for clearing that up. I anticipated an angry reply but compared to what I've gotten in the pa.. read more
vigilantebastard

6 Years Ago

I wasn't angry mate, not at all... It was very clear you didn't get the poem, that's fine.. I was on.. read more
Wow, just aa lot of different ideas. You have a lot of emotion to channel. I think creativity is one of the best ways to do it. Keep writing, my friend!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on August 5, 2017

Author

vigilantebastard
vigilantebastard

Truro, Cornwall, United Kingdom



About
Just a man with complicated feelings more..

Writing