TAME YOUR FEAR

TAME YOUR FEAR

A Chapter by Vijay
"

Getting rid from the shackles of fear to unleash a life full of oppurtunities.

"

Fear is one of the various emotions GOD wrapped us with. Anything that GOD gave us can’t be criticised. Every fear can neither be eradicated nor be left unattended.

Taming fear has always been a challenge for the race. Few things I would like to add to those we already know. Every person breathing has something or the other which he keeps in that Dark Closet, the closet which he never dares to open.

If you are afraid of something, it’s totally normal. Don’t let yourself down. Even the most fearsome carnivores of the jungle fear fire.

My idea of Taming the Fear comes from the practices of Taming the Wild. Even the most fearsome can be tamed. The more you come across them, the more you dare. The more you understand the need, the more easily it’s done.

HERE are few tips that I personally recommend to drive away the ghost behind that Dark Closet.


1. THINK ABOUT THE WORST :

Surprised !! Quite negative advice to start with. Nah it isnt so. An example will help here. “There was a man who worked for a firm. Happy with his wife and two cute daughters. Unfortunately recession hits his industry. His life changed dramatically. He is not the joyous man he once used to be. Neither the caring husband nor the father. He started living in fear of being fired.The FEAR of being unemployeed started eating him. One day he thought what if he gets fired. May be he loses his comfortable house, his children have to be satisfied with small school. His wife wont have expensive dresses to wear.But what else?? He has his wife who loves him. He has two little angels with him.With the qualification he has and the determination towards work he can atleast find other job. He is quite capable than thousands sitting there. Pheww !! Here we are the thinking about the worst eventually tamed his fear. We never see things beyond our fears, the day we start thinking it is the day fear start obeying.


2. THINK ABOUT THE LOSS :

My goodness, again a negative advice to start with. Let’s see if we could flip this too. Just a question to start with. DO we tame fear only to live a fearless life?

The answer is NO. Taming fear has more to do with the things you can’t achieve without taming it. Just think about all the losses you suffered just because you feared something.

I never stood in stage because of the fear of being laughed at. No one was at loss other than me. I would have participated in debates and could have won many prizes that would have made my parents proud. I missed those opportunities. I wasn’t courageous enough.

"The courage I talk about is not the absence of fear but the judgement that something is more important than fear" rightly says Ambrose Redmoon.


3. CROSS THE RING OF FIRE :

Remember I mentioned about the most fearsome carnivore of the jungle fearing fire. I heard story of a shepherd who guard his sheep against those fearsome using the ring of fire. I always thought why don’t they jump over it to get what they want. Now I know it’s the Fear that keeps them away not the fire.


"On the other side of your greatest fear lives your greatest life" rightly points Robin sharma.


So today when you Switch off the lights don’t forget to look into the closet !!!



© 2012 Vijay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on May 28, 2012
Last Updated on May 28, 2012
Tags: Motivation, Fear, Attitude


Author

Vijay
Vijay

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India



About
I Love motivating people.Follower of "Law of attraction ".Friendly Adaptive Humorous Professional are few of my different visages :) more..

Writing
GOD AND HIS WALL GOD AND HIS WALL

A Chapter by Vijay


BED OF ROSES BED OF ROSES

A Chapter by Vijay


NEVER GIVE UP NEVER GIVE UP

A Chapter by Vijay