Hollywood's Filthy Little Secret

Hollywood's Filthy Little Secret

A Story by vima parthan
"

A must read

"

Entertainment industry is solitary a profession which more or less all of us yearn to be in. The glamour and glitz has always appealed to us. It's apparent that at a certain point in time we all wish to be a fraction of it. Hollywood is yet again the more craving part of this entertainment industry. But it's not that simple of a job to get a break in Hollywood. Millions arrive with the dream to make it big but hardly any make it to the top. You primarily have to go through the auditioning procedure. But the competition is so much that sometimes actors have to do whatever it takes to get the role. On one end it's the desperateness to make it big and on the other it's the superfluous of power which has resulted to the 'casting couch' mentality in the media industry. The notion behind 'casting couch' is swap of sexual favour for film roles between casting director or producer and the aspiring actor. Although Hollywood executives rebuff the subsistence of 'casting couch' some celebrities beg to differ.

The conception of casting couch subsisted from the foundation of the entertainment industry. One of earliest episodes of 'casting couch' that Joan Collins allege to have happened with her was way back in 1960's. She was auditioning for the role of Cleopatra and was the front runner for the part. When she was asked to go to the bed with the head of the studio if she wanted the role.  

© 2015 vima parthan


Author's Note

vima parthan
For the entire article visit http://universityissue.com/hollywoods-filthy-little-secret/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: hollywood, casting couch

Author

vima parthan
vima parthan

BANGALORE, KARNATAKA, India



About
I love experimenting with my works, writing is what keeps my pepped up. It helps me express myself. more..

Writing