The "SoLo" Trip

The "SoLo" Trip

A Story by violin_18

I didn’t think I would ever fall in love again. I know that everyone says that after heartbreak, but the difference is that I’m not heartbroken. I’m not cynical, or pessimistic, or sad. I’m just someone who once felt something bigger than anything else I’d ever felt and when I lost it, I honestly believed I would never have that again. But... I was 22 then and life is long. And I’m feeling things right now that I haven’t in a long, long time. 

But Life had already written something else for me. Something which came in as a grand surprise. After my heartbreak, I never thought of giving “LOVE” another chance. I couldn’t take the risk of trusting my beliefs and myself with that again. now I realize that everything needs patience and not everyone finds their “PERFECT” one on the meet though.

Things were difficult when Rahul and I broke up. From all the hush-hush feelings to sudden erge to end my life, I was surviving every day. Being an introvert, I had no clues what to say to people and how to come back in the ultimate track of life. I still get Goosebumps whenever I think of those horrible memories; nights full of wet pillows and darkness. It was like I got slaved to an emotion. Things were bitter then.

After months of surviving through this phase, one day I realized, after going through many a articles in social medias, that it was pretty normal to go through a heartbreak or break ups. It was then, when I stood up again, promising myself that I won’t ever fall in the trap of LOVE. I was only twenty-two years old then, I had my life to enjoy and play and dance around. I decided to go on solo trips. My very first trip was to GOA. Sounds strange, isn’t it? But after a season of cries and sorrows, why not just get involved into a party air.

I got my tickets booked in 2-3 days and started packing for my fun trip. “jaa soumya jaa, jeele apni zindigi” this was something I said to myself, a day before leaving for the trip. Excited and enthusiastic me! This side of mine was missing for months. I was so happy to finally get myself back. I reached the airport, boarded my flight. “chalo, window seat bhi apna!  puri qayanat hi chahti thi ki tum trip pe ao, Soumya baby!” I praised myself with a little back pat.

i! My introduction! I forgot that! Well than, nothing’s never late! I am Soumya, Soumya Sethi. a fun loving cheerful girl who was engraved into darkness and sorrows some months back and now is travelling to get rid of all those s***s ! Also, a bookworm and a musician!

Back to my story now!

Sitting by the window seat, I took out my new shiny book. “Fault in our stars”. Armed with a book and earplug for not indulging myself into unnecessary convos. Kudos to my super planning! Till now everything seemed perfect. Until and unless Mr. Talkative occupied the seat next to me. Urrgghhhhhh! Such a creep. The entire time of the flight I was continuously being dragged into conversations. It was 1hr and 45mins flight from my place to Goa. Even though I had my earphones, I could do nothing to save myself from that torture. Finally, we landed and I was so happy bid a Goodbye to him.

Again, I was alone and happy. I was waiting for my cab at the airport.  5mins of waiting and the cab arrived. We headed straight towards my destination. It took less than an hour to reach the place. I completed all necessary formalities as soon as possible, got the keys to my rooms, freshened up quickly and went straight to the beach. Ahhh! What a soothing and refreshing feeling it was. Grabbed myself a bottle of coke and a packet of chips to enjoy the essence of the sunset.   

My loneliness again got disturbed, by the same fellow who took away my peace in the flight as well. It was Mr. Talkative again. But, to my astonishment, I was not feeling irritated or disturbed rather I was feeling comfortable. I didn’t know why that was even happening, but we involved ourselves into long conversations, exchanged numbers! Yes, at that moment itself. “I hope I am not possessed by something” I told to myself.

 It was only then, when I asked him his name. “Tejas. Tejas Sharma” came in the reply. He was charming as well good looking. But why was I even thinking of that? What had happened to me? While the introduction phase ended, it was dinner time. We headed to a restaurant nearby to that beach. While I was a vegan, Mr. Tejas was a Punjabi! (Not being racist).  Anyway, we ate our foods peacefully with no words exchanged that would bring up that “Vegetarian and non vegetarian” fight.  Husssh!

Everything was so good and so soothing. As we shared the same hotel, we went out together to explore the places, ate together, danced together. It was something I least expected. While we both wanted to spend some more time, the trip ended. It was time to bid goodbye to each other now. within those 5days, we had become more than friends. It was a kind of ionic bond. He somehow managed to make up his space in my little heart.

oye jhalla, tenu miss karanga” I tried to mock him emotionally.

aarreehhh, tere aankhomein aasu? oye, senti. video call karenge na… abhh roo maath yaar” and he hugged, as tight as possible.

And here, our paths got divided again.

We now spoke to each other every day. Calls and chats the only ways to be with each other always. I still remember, he once asked me for my address casually. Even I gave him the same, and the next morning he was there, standing with a huge bouquet of chocolates! What a surprise it was! He came in to Delhi all the way from Kolkata only to meet his ‘Jhalli’ (that’s what he calls me). 

I started to feel special; Again. I started to dream about Tejas. I always wanted to be with him as I was there in Goa. I don’t know what the hell did happen to me then. I was so into romantic stuffs again. I started to watch romantic movies and all. We spent hours talking to each other every day. It seemed impossible for us to stay away emotionally as distance did its job. Some days we used fight like anything over a silly topic; but the next moment we would be there only to make the other one emotionally stronger. We shared our break up stories and the worst memories we had of our previous lives. That’s when he revealed that he went to Goa just to get rid of his past. We share many a similar things, same taste in music and books. But we also had one of the dissimilarity and topic that ignited many a fights. “THE VEGETARIAN AND NON VEGETARIAN TOPIC”. Whenever he came to Delhi or I went to Kolkata, he used to hang out together, or sometimes just be at each other’s place and eat the “ghar ka khana”. It was again that Hush-Hush affair all again.

It was almost a year since we first met. And it was the Valentines week. He called me up as he usually did.

Listen, I am standing right in front of your door, open it quick” and he cut the call. Half awake and half asleep I brushed his words away and dozed off again. He rang me up again, this time I woke up to his 5call went to open the door still half asleep. He was standing there with a rose in his hand and a chocolate. At first I was not sure about whatever I saw was happening in reality. I thought it was nothing but one of my crazy dreams. It was only after a pinch from Tejas that made my day. He was standing there in real. Before I could say anything, he bent down to his knees. But just to tie his shoe laces. This act really got  me. I almost cried out of surprise and then came in his silly deeds.

I welcomed him with a friendly slap, and a series of laughter followed in. He kept the rose in the flower vase. With all the other Fake flowers this real one had a different charm in it.  We went out to a nearby café to have our breakfast. He was here for one of the college fests and had only one hour to meet me. I’m glad he did that. Before leaving we hugged as usual, but suddenly, I felt an urge to say him not to go. I never wanted him to leave me again. I wanted him to stay with me for now and forever.

Somewhere in my busy life, Tejas became an indispensible component of my life. It was hard for me to believe that, for it was only a year back when I promised myself never to get involved in any of the “love things”. But now I was there, waiting for someone like Tejas to come and hold my hand forever. Even though my inner conscious knew, forever is a lie in itself.

Tejas hugged me tight and whispered “jhalli, mereko sambhal payegi pura life?”  I knew what he was talking about. Tears started rolling my cheeks and all I could say was “agar, mere jaise pagal ko tu sambhal sakta hae pura life, tujhe sambhal na toh baaye haathh ka khel hae”; and hugged him tighter. It seemed the time stopped and there was no one around us. For the very first time, I realized what “khusi ke aassu” really meant. I was so happy at that very moment. But as it is said, happiness always comes in with sorrows with it. It was time for him to leave. I did not want that to happen, but he had to go. Smiling and bidding a goodbye at that moment was difficult for us then. But he had to leave.

Its been 7years now. We are together.  I am still Tejas’s Jhalli. we still meet each whenever we are free. We still go on trips but now these are not solo. In the course of time our parents got to know about us and happily accepted it too. Now when I visit Tejas’s home, I never feel like a guest, it’s another home for me. The same happens with him too. But at the end of the day, we still fight over the “VEGETARIAN AND NON VEGETARIAN” topic.

 

© 2018 violin_18


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on February 10, 2018
Last Updated on February 10, 2018
Tags: love, travel, special one

Author

violin_18
violin_18

Silchar, Assam, India



About
A fun-loving crack, with a mixture of craziness and honesty. book lover and writer by passion, violinist by profession more..