The Three Wishes

The Three Wishes

A Story by Kurayami

Claire was at the library reading a book. When she flicked the page over, a blinding white light flash out and Claire have to cover her eyes. The light dimmed gradually and there is a face of an old woman with a black, shimmery wand. Claire looked around quickly, thinking that other people might have noticed. No one did. They were all doing their stuff like nothing happened.
"Hello, my dear. I'm Godmother Chloe. I'm here to grant you three wishes," said Godmother Chloe. 
"H-Hello," Claire said. Three wishes? This can't be right. 
"My dear, I'm here to grant you three wishes. They can be about anything," said Godmother Chloe patiently.
"Three wishes?" Claire's eyes widened.
"Yes, about anything," said Godmother Chloe.
Claire thought about it for a while. What would she want to have most?
"My first wish is to grow up safely with my family," said Claire.
"That's great, my dear. And your second wish is...?" said Godmother Chloe.
"My second wish is that me and my friend Alyssa can stay friends forever," said Claire.
"A nice wish it is, my dear. You have one last wish left. Think carefully about what you want. A wish can make you or break you," said Godmother Chloe.
"My last wish is that I'll find someone special who will love me and take care of me," said Claire.
"That's great, my dear. Thank you for your time. Your wish have been granted. Some of your wish may not come true until the future," said Godmother Chloe and with that she's gone. 

© 2014 Kurayami


Author's Note

Kurayami
I hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story has potential. The grammar needs some work. This seems to be the beginning of what could be a very good children's book. I encourage you to keep going with it. Some of the sentences were either combined together or incomplete, and also repetitive. The beginning drew me in, but then seemed to fade out to the end where there wasn't really an end. Me, as the reader, wants to know more! Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


An interesting take on a short story once again I'm amazed at your ability to take something calm and make it this interesting. I like the fact that it seems when you are writing that you are writing part of a larger story or just practicing making a setting or a scene for the reader. I would say just be careful with your grammar particularly at the beginning of this story but otherwise solid write.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014

Author

Kurayami
Kurayami

Hotel Transylvania



About
♪♫♪ more..

Writing
Autumn Autumn

A Poem by Kurayami


The choice The choice

A Story by Kurayami