Wiley Worm

Wiley Worm

A Story by Rocky
"

adventures of an earth worm

"

Wiley Worm

There is a family named Worm that lived in a very poor soil region. There was mom and dad and Wiley, the only worm that could carry on the family name.

Throughout Wiley’s years of growing up he was always getting into trouble, mostly skipping school, failing grades and wandering off to see what was over the next hill which might takes a while to get to because he didn’t move very far very fast.

The final days of his schooling were coming to a close and was he glad. Wiley had been thinking about leaving home, which meant no college. He thought he could pick that up later on in his life, which would probably never happen later on.

The day after Wiley graduated school and Wiley was leaving, a human started digging in the soil where his parents and Wiley were living. The human decided to take mom and dad fishing with him. Now you might think that that gesture was very nice of the human, but not to a worm no matter how big a trophy fish they caught. This is why Wiley was living or at least one of the reasons, he didn’t want to have the image of one time catching the biggest fish or he didn’t want to aerate someone’s garden or lawn, but what could he do now that he was free to do it. Wiley would just have to find out, so off he went into the vast unknown.

It took about a day for Wiley to inch his way down the hill where he lived or used to live. The rain had just started when Wiley came upon the sandy hill or so he thought that’s what it was. Wiley inched his way up to the top, crossed the top and started down the hill’s other side. Starting down the other side all of the stress from climbing let his back half catch up and he flopped down that side all at once and landed on his head with the rest of his body piling on top of him. He un raveled himself and continued on noticing that the surface was hard and a little slick.

The rain was still coming down, but not as hard. The puddles were getting deeper and the draining water was getting faster. Wiley had to be careful, he and water didn’t get along very well, drowning wasn’t something that he was interested in doing. Wiley felt a kind of vibration from the surface of this slick stuff he was crawling across. Now it was very close, he could feel. What ever the vibration was, it came by him and splashed Wiley into the water that was draining from the rain. Now he was scared, the water was rushing him some place, he could not feel the slick surface any more, only the flow of water. The water was rolling him over and tumbling him like a dryer drying clothes. Wiley’s tail caught onto a floating leaf just before he reached the big pool the water was emptying into. He floated on the leaf, resting and wondering where he was. The rain stopped, but now the wind was blowing the leaf he was on, like a spinning top. The wind blew the leaf into the grass he thought, just the stuff that was at the home he had left. Wiley climbed off the leaf and onto the grass. Crawling down through the grass, finding dirt, actually mud, he stayed up on the grass until the water dried up. Wiggling through the grass happened upon another worm named Wilma, she lived in the area and when the water dried up she showed him the hot spots for the social network.

They wined and dined on bacteria, fungi and algae until the were so full they could not move. A little while later they went to the deep underground and ate dirt just plain old soil and jumped into a ball of other worms having sex which lasted for hours. The rain started again so every had to leave to leave the underground and go back to the surface to the grass.

Night time came, still raining. A father and his son and daughter came out with their jars picking up worms for fishing. Wiley and Wilma went fishing with them.

Extension;

Bird adventure

Fishing adventure

700words/6.11.2012

© 2013 Rocky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A worm's life is short, and I'm glad Wiley had a happy one.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013