Mr. Thomas T. Turkey

Mr. Thomas T. Turkey

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

“Well, I am a taking turkey. Mr. Thomas T. Turkey at your service,” I said with a little bow.

"



It was chilly Thanksgiving night, and I was the last turkey in the empty farmyard. The chickens were snuggled into their hen house. I couldn't believe my luck. Of course, it had helped that I hid in the hayloft when the carnage started happening.


“I made it!” I cheered.


Then I saw the farmer coming across the barnyard with his gun...


“Now wait a minute, you don't want to do anything you will regret!” I warned Farmer Jack.


“Why would I regret shooting you and having a delicious turkey dinner?” answered the incredulous farmer.


“If you shoot me, you will lose out on a lot of money,” I threatened.


“Money? What do you mean?” asked the farmer sounding a little bewildered.


“Well, I am a talking turkey. Mr. Thomas T. Turkey at your service,” I said with a little bow.


“Eh...pleased to meet you, Thomas,” stammered the farmer.


“Just imagine how much money you will make, at $5 a head, just for a chance to listen to me speak. People will flock to your farm, you will become famous! I can see the headlines now, 'Be the first to see and hear Farmer Jack's famous talking turkey, Mr. Thomas T. Turkey.'” I informed him.


“Well, that sounds like it might be feasible,” agreed Farmer Jack.


“On top of that you can sell cute little, stuffed versions of me, no pun intended, to all the little kids. People would pay big bucks to have their picture taken with me. Your wife could sell her delicious turkey dinners for $12.00 a plate or a grab and go turkey legs at $5 a pop. Why you could have a regular theme park! Imagine “The Gobbler” a huge turkey roller coaster, with a farmer chasing at the tail end of the coaster. For the little kids, a merry-go-round with cute little turkeys to ride on. You could hold square dances in the barn and play Turkey In The Straw on your fiddle. The possibilities are endless!” I argued.


You could almost see the dollar signs in Farmer Jack's eyes as his mind worked over the idea. His smile broadened.


“You might be on to something, Mr. Thomas!” Farmer Jack agreed.


And so began a fruitful partnership for both Farmer Jack and Mr. Thomas T. Turkey.  Farmer Jack became rich beyond his wildest dreams. Thomas now had flocks of adoring fans, a barnyard full of turkey friends, and all the feed he could eat. If you haven't guessed by now, the “T” in Mr. Thomas T. Turkey stands for “Thankful”.





© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed this serious story wrapped up in a cute little tale. At least that's the way I understood it.

This line: “On top of that you can sell cute little stuffed versions of me, no pun intended, to all the little kids." Very witty, and I have a feeling reading more of your work will bring a smile.

Noticed this tiny little typo, “Well, I am a taking (talking) turkey.

Thanks for sharing this story with us. I am thankful I read the story.

Happy Saturday!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Karen Redburn

6 Years Ago

I wish you all the best, and I'll keep reading your lovely stories.
Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Karen!



Reviews

Heh-heh, this is a cute tale. No doubt the little ones will love it and probably want to hear it more than once. Ol' Thomas was just too special to get stuffed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Thanks Samuel, I had a fun time writing this, letting my imagination run wild.
I really enjoyed this serious story wrapped up in a cute little tale. At least that's the way I understood it.

This line: “On top of that you can sell cute little stuffed versions of me, no pun intended, to all the little kids." Very witty, and I have a feeling reading more of your work will bring a smile.

Noticed this tiny little typo, “Well, I am a taking (talking) turkey.

Thanks for sharing this story with us. I am thankful I read the story.

Happy Saturday!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Karen Redburn

6 Years Ago

I wish you all the best, and I'll keep reading your lovely stories.
Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Karen!
I bet he was very thankful! lol That was very cute.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wendy Seames Garner

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Diane!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017
Tags: Thanksgiving, Fall, Turkey, Copy Right Wendy Seames Garner 2


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..