Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

Opening my eyes, I noticed straw and feathers all around me, as well as a couple of ducks, several hens, and a rooster. What?

"


I woke at the first light of dawn to the sound of a rooster crowing. My eyes didn't want to open, I felt horrible, not at all myself. A dusty, sweet smell, like hay, caused me to sneeze. Opening my eyes, I noticed straw and feathers all around me, as well as a couple of ducks, several hens, and a rooster. What? Did I get really drunk last night and end up in the neighbor's hen house? I racked my brain trying to remember the previous night.


I felt pretty strange, and a lot shorter, as I stood up to leave the hen house. That is when I knew I was in big trouble...those feathers were attached to me! My arms no longer had fingers, but feathers. And my feet...I don't even want to talk about it. I started to scream, but “Gobble, Gobble, Gobble” came out instead. Yes, I was in real trouble, today was Thanksgiving!


In a panic, I scrabbled my way out of out into the barnyard, feathers flying. Farmer Brown was just coming out of the barn, ax in hand, headed this way. Frantically I searched for a place to hide, but there was nowhere. I was trapped by a chicken wire fence! I tried flapping my newly acquired wings, stirring up a lot of dust, but couldn't make it over the fence.


Farmer Brown was opening the gate...his steely eyes intent on me, the ax gripped tightly in his right hand. I wouldn't give up without a fight! Wings flapping wildly, I led the farmer on a wild chase around the enclosed yard. A virtual tornado of dirt and feathers obscuring Farmer Brown's sight. I was slowing down, exhausted when I felt a hand grip my neck. I knew it was over...what a horrible way to go! I squeezed my eyes shut...heard a loud thunk...and opened my eyes...


I was on the floor of my bedroom, the blankets hanging off the side of the bed and around my neck. I was ecstatic...it was just a nightmare!



That's it...that is the last time I drink that brand of whiskey!!



© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


Author's Note

Wendy Seames Garner
Happy Thanksgiving!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017
Tags: Copy Right Wendy Seames Garner 2, Thanksgiving, Fall, Turkey


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing