Too Sad Tales

Too Sad Tales

A Chapter by Wendy Seames Garner
"

The wind must be commiserating with me. How can the sun be shining so brightly when all I want to do is cry?

"

The sun shone warmly as I walked through the empty cornfields, I heard a soft sobbing, but there was no one to be seen...


The wind must be commiserating with me. How can the sun be shining so brightly when all I want to do is cry? But my tears would not fall, I had cried all my tears the night before. A lifetime of tears in one night. My heart felt like a wash rag rung dry. How can I go on? How can I live when my child is gone? That young life was taken before he really had the chance to live. Why was he taken and not me? I am sick and old, ready for what lies beyond. Oh God, I don't understand you!


Blindly, I crossed the desolate field, it's emptiness echoing my heart. Falling to the ground, I screamed till my throat was raw, my arms flailing out at the dirt. Eventually, I fell into an exhausted sleep. Dreams of gently enfolding arms carried me to a place of peace.


I woke to drops of rain falling on my face. Opening my eyes, I saw the bright sun was now hidden by clouds. Windswept across the field, stirring up dust and corn husks. The winds of change. The rain pelted down. It almost seems like God is crying for me. I raised my face to the sky and there, in the distance was a double rainbow. A gorgeous dome of brilliant blues, reds, and yellows arched across the sky. Is God telling me telling me to trust? 


Rising from the ground, the feeling of peace from my dream wrapped me again in its arms. I walked back across the field with a new purpose. I was alive and would celebrate that life, never forgetting the life of my son. Suddenly the sun shone warmly, pushing the clouds away. What a beautiful day!





© 2017 Wendy Seames Garner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

is that it you may go to the finalast i dont know

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
1 Review
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: copyright WSG, phobia, death, water, woman, sadness, tears, grief


Author

Wendy Seames Garner
Wendy Seames Garner

Lapeer, MI



About
I believe that every person we meet, every thing we touch has a story. more..

Writing