I was numb..

I was numb..

A Story by Wajiha Nayeem

I was in the car with my parents, going for an outing.My dad was a wonderful person, his rides were lovely and i enjoyed them too!..but, the outing turned out to be tragic for me when.... suddenly there was a flash of light...i closed my eyes and everything seemed to be in chaos and everybody around me looked tensed!
There in the corner sat my aunt, i recognized her...i was in my bed and couldn't just get up...
my uncle was just beside her and then i tried calling them out but i had an oxygen mask around my face and i was in no condition to lift my weak arms and take it off.

And then a few moments later, a nurse, she was beautiful...i wonder why'd she become a nurse, she was so beautiful, a model she could become!...
However, she came near me and i was awake till then. She came closer and asked whether i was fine and i told her i wanted to meet my parents....i seriously didn't know what had happened.
I just remember that me and my family were on our way to our destination and there was a flash of light and ha!..i was in a hospital.

My aunt and my uncle had come in by then and were looking quite worried..my aunt nearly hugged me and cried..
i thought she was happy that i was conscious and fine.

But, the bitter truth was still not out. I asked,''what happened auntie, why are you crying?..i am fine and see i am conscious.''
she said, '' dear,i am happy that you are conscious and fine, but, your parents....''

She stopped...and my heart beat rose..it got faster and faster. She said, '' it was an accident, and your parents....they were injured in it , very badly...and...

I wanted to listen..i insisted her to tell me...i forced her and she lastly told me that my parents were killed in the accident......

My  heart skipped a beat and I was numb!!

© 2017 Wajiha Nayeem


Author's Note

Wajiha Nayeem
hey guys..this is the first time i wrote a story..so i hope you all will love it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful one Wajiha. There are just some things in life that are too fast to catch. Realities that are too hard to accept. You did it well in your story. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you so much....
Good one. Liked it Wajiha.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you sooo much suhd.....
A fast paced and delicate story of shock and sadness...
Keep it up

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you mr. writer....
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

No problem :)
being a debutante story-writer you did some good work... i love reading short stories and this piece was well-connecting and emotional...i hope we would get some more from your end... keep writing

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you so much abhishek!
For a first time this is a good one.

However, you can improve on the dialogue. The dialogue needs a little more easy to say kind of feel like how you ought to speak in English everyday. (I got worked up with the conscious). And it needs more voice, like being more descriptive and setting more mood into your writing.

But overall the story kept me reading. It was nicely written and it was also emotional and somehow lyrical. Good job! Looking forward to your next work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you soo much....
Though it's your first try, but you are successful in writing story very nicely... too good.
I love short stories.
its emotional. Keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you so much priyanshi!!
Priyanshi

6 Years Ago

Pleasure is mine.
It is so emotional, for a moment i thought it's a real story

you're so good and you've the skills already and it sounds so good for a first attempt

keep writing, Wajiha.
keep impressing us.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

aww...thank you sooo much rassoul...
sure, i will and you keep encouraging me!!
Rassoul

6 Years Ago

I will always do.
The presentation skills demonstrated here is stunning for a first attempt. The description of emotions are very fine, that I could almost feel it myself. Just some minor issues - In some occasions when you used ellipsis, you can simply put a full-stop there, and the nurse's beauty may be a distraction to readers. Otherwise you are all fine! Good job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you sooo much friend....
Its an emotional story...
The narrative is very good,Wajiha...
A great beginning for story writing👌

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

thank you soo much naat!
Zephyr

6 Years Ago

My pleasure..
Unbelievable!! Is this a first attempt..It was so heart breaking...Your writings are wonderful...I became so emotional reading this..one must feel really bad to lose his/her parents..Parents are really very precious gifts of God..

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wajiha Nayeem

6 Years Ago

yes dear, it was the first one...thank you so much...
Sofia

6 Years Ago

You're welcome!!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 18, 2017

Author

Wajiha Nayeem
Wajiha Nayeem

hyderabad, secunderbad, India



About
16..... Hyderabad, India I love poetry!! Hobbies: reading, cooking, makeup.... writing is my passion.. you can even check my work on yourquote.in Wajiha nayeem. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lying Is A Sin Lying Is A Sin

A Poem by Zoya