About one story in

About one story in

A Story by wala_lang
"

my opinion on one narrative in the pardoner's tale

"

The Pardoner’s Tale

 

                For me, the pardoner’s tale is such imagery. Its story is very visual and has a lesson to come with it. The pardoner to me is the old man. What makes me say that is because that the old man, although about to leave the 3 young men, answered the questions they asked him and besides, he was accused of being a spy of death, as was said by the young men based from his answers, and he told the location of where Death is. “Now sirs,” said the old man, “If you really want to find Death, turn up this narrow path, for in that grove, I left him under a tree. For all your boasts, he will not avoid you. See that oak tree? You should find him there unless you mend your ways.” That’s what he said, which in my opinion, is what he means by “You will find Death, for you can never avoid it. You shall see it, in disguise, if you change your attitudes.”  Which is the main point in the story, from my point of view. The 3 young men on the other hand, are the materialistic and rebellious youth of those days. They cared nothing for the world except to drink, eat and be merry. They always think of themselves and not the needs of others around them. It simply describes the people of the yesteryears and also of today who are those who are in love of materialistic things and GREEDY, which is a mortal sin. The tale really comprises of values which teach human of what value is needed in life.

 

© 2009 wala_lang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on January 23, 2009
Last Updated on January 23, 2009

Author

wala_lang
wala_lang

Marikina, Philippines



About
I am just a mere mortal living with you people,and I am just a person living in such a small world,I am a person of Just and Justice,I am Fair,and kind to people like me,and if you will anger me,you w.. more..

Writing