Work of Art

Work of Art

A Story by weatherbee

Once a upon time a baby was born. A blank canvas among a vasts sea of graffiti walls. Nothing was smeared upon its slate. completely open, bare and white. A question arose.  Who would be responsible for each marking, for it's ever changing design. Who among these many walls would have the patients, the skill and creative endurance for such an undertaking.  How should each line be drawn? curved or jagged?  And colors, will it be pink? blue? or even green too? Yes, the possibility are endless, but who has the talent to seize all of its potential  
             Suddenly two painters arose. One carrying a plethora of brushes and the a other a pallet filled with colors so rich and vibrant.  Together they walked up to the canvas smiled, took each other in hand, and plucked the canvas out of the old tattered basket it was lying. Quickly they rushed in and out of the alley way, keeping it safely snuggled between them, making sure nothing could leave the tiniest of blemish on it.  When they finally reached there safe haven, they placed the canvas on a stand next to a couple other paintings. The canvas stood there without expression. blank and empty. The two painters stood face to with canvas and stared intently. What were they looking at? What could they see? What were they planning on doing? 
              Without any recollection the canvas began to feel the gazes of the painters staring right at him. What is to come of me now? he thought. At the very moment a painter spoke " will it be pink? or Blue? or even green." The other painter chuckled. "Let's have Canvas decide." Canvas smiled, and whispered back, I am your to create. Without hesitation the painters took out their brushes and prepped their colors and tools. Only the finest will do for our canvas, they said congruently. With many strokes and allot paint the painters completed there portrait. The once blank and empty canvas was now alive with vibrant color. He said to himself. "I am a masterpiece!" The painter said. " No, you are our work of art." 
  

 

                                The End.   

© 2015 weatherbee


Author's Note

weatherbee
My first writing out the gate. Nothing fancy. Sorry for the editing mistakes. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's an interesting story with a good moral to embrace. There are a few spelling and grammar errors so you might perhaps take another look at it as the story's message is worth the effort to polish it.
I like it! Keep working at it as we can never edit our creations enough - they are all a work in progress.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An interesting and creative write...nice work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a truly wonderful, creative and unique story. You definitely have talent, so keep at it!

I had to smile at the 'blank canvas' part as it reminded me of when I was at an Art Gallery recently, where they had hung for 'exhibition' two blank canvasses. I kid you not! There was a little note along side them, can't remember what it said, but along the lines of....".the artist ruminating on what he was going to paint", or something like that! I just couldn't believe it! Blank paintings...what is the world coming to! lol

Thank you for submitting this to the challenge, and I agree with Sheila....edit and edit until you can edit no more! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's an interesting story with a good moral to embrace. There are a few spelling and grammar errors so you might perhaps take another look at it as the story's message is worth the effort to polish it.
I like it! Keep working at it as we can never edit our creations enough - they are all a work in progress.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2015
Last Updated on March 18, 2015

Author

weatherbee
weatherbee

About
A writer looking to explore the depths of creativity with others who are passionate about their craft. more..

Writing
Tomorrow Tomorrow

A Poem by weatherbee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..