(Old) The Hunt 1: Kyra

(Old) The Hunt 1: Kyra

A Screenplay by waubbafet

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM

KYRA'S MOM is in the middle of labor. Her husbands not there. The DOCTORS are running around like the rooms full of bees. KYRA'S MOM is tied to the hospital bed. The baby, KYRA is born, wrapped up, and immediately taken away.

KYRA'S MOM

I changed my mind. Please, let me see her at least.

The DOCTORS ignore her, and the crying baby is taken away. The walls of the hospital are bare. It looks more like a prison then anything. The plants are all old and dead. But when KYRA passes them the spring back to life.

DOCTOR

I guess its the real deal. We actually have a psychic.

ANOTHER DOCTOR

We better have. After all the money they spent on it. If we had another dud Gencorps would kill us.

The DOCTORS make it to the roof. Baby KYRA still crying. They hand the baby to a man in a suit and in return the DOCTORS get a suitcase. The DOCTOR that has a suitcase has a hard time lifting it.

SUIT MAN

Thank you for your services. Your contribution could help save lives.

The DOCTOR holding the suitcase, smiles, and lifts it up as high as he can.

DOCTOR

No, thank you.

INT. LAB/ NEVADA/ 12 YEARS LATER

KYRA sits on the bed strumming a guitar. The room she sits in looks like one designed for a two year old the friendly neighborhood pedophile has a thing for. There are cameras everywhere. Her bed room has no door, and in the other room you can see a T.V, a couch, and a window tinted black. Theres also a window directly behind he.

KYRA starts playing' '. She misses a few notes. Some vines growing in a pot next to her takes the guitar and throws it across the room. KYRA turns around to face the window.

KYRA

Can I stop now? He obviously doesn't like my playing.

SMITH

(speaker)

Can we try your singing next?

KYRA groans.

KYRA

I'm done.

She walks into the other room and turns on the T.V. Her arms folded.

SMITH

(speaker)

Kyra, you know I don't want to make you do anything. And you know I can. We can stop testing today.

You can hear SMITH get up and walk away. Theres a door by the T.V. Someone knocks on the door. KYRA gets up and unlocks it. On the other side is SMITH holding a bag of take out Chinese food. He looks like a scientist; lab coat, glasses, etc.

SMITH

Are you hungry? You sound hungry.

KYRA

Is that real food Mr. Smith?

SMITH

It's Doctor Krya.

KYRA

Right sorry. Doctor Mr. Smith.

SMITH chuckles. KYRA invites him in and they sit on the couch.

INT. LAB/ NEVADA/ 1 YEAR LATER

KYRA sleeps in her bed. The room looks better decorated. The lights are off, and even the plant looks like its asleep.  The lights flash on and KYRA wakes up slowly.

KYRA

(tired)

What's going on?

JOHNSON

(speaker)

Hello Kyra. My name is Doctor Johnson. I'll be your new facilitator.

KYRA

(tired)

What happened to Doctor Smith?

JOHNSON

(speaker)

Thats none of your concern.

KYRA

I think it is a little. He's my friend.

JOHNSON

(speaker)

And that was the problem.

KYRA looks concerned. She gets up and tries to walk out of the room. Metal bars from the roof crash down to the ground almost hitting KYRA.

KYRA

I didn't know that was there.

The plant wraps around the bars and pulls.

JOHNSON

(speaker)

Make it stop doing that.

KYRA

I can't control it. I can only give it emotions and make it animate.

JOHNSON

(speaker)

Then theres step one.

KYRA'S shocked in the leg. He clutches her leg and hops on one foot. This hurts a lot.

KYRA

What did I do?

JOHNSON

(speaker)

Nothing just testing.

KYRA

I'm a human, I have rights you know.

JOHNSON

(speaker)

That's that problem, Kyra. You're not human.

KYRA'S shocked in the leg again. It catches her off guard this time to and she falls back on her bed.

INT. LAB/ NEVADA/ 4 YEAR LATER

KYRA, age 17, lies on the couch. Her elbow has a small hole in it, like they've taken her blood so many times it's left a permanent mark. KYRA looks like she's about to pass out. Fighting and gun fire can be heard over the speaker. This is enough to keep KYRA awake. There's a knock on the door. KYRA doesn't get it. It doesn't lock from the inside anymore. The person who's knocking notices this and opens the door himself. He's got blood on his white lab coat.

KYRA

Smith?!

SMITH

Come on Kyra, we're leaving.

KYRA

Good.

KYRA stands up and runs to her room. She grabs her plant and they run out.

EXT. ROAD/ NEVADA

SMITH drives down the road. KYRA lies down in the back.

KYRA

Not that I don't like what you're doing for me. Thank you by the way, but were are we going?

SMITH

There's a place that humans can't go. It's called MONSERVO, and you should be safe there.

KYRA

What about you?

SMITH

Don't worry, I'll be fine. I bought you an apartment at the west end, the building numbers 809, its on 51st street alright.

(pause)

Do you see it yet?

KYRA

Why are you asking me?

SMITH

I can't see it. I'm well...

KYRA

Human

SMITH

Right, I'm sorry.

KYRA

Yeah we're driving through it.

SMITH

Right then.

He stops the car.

SMITH

Good luck.

KYRA

Thank you Doctor Smith

SMITH

Just be careful.

KYRA

I'll miss you.

KYRA opens the door and grabs her plant.

SMITH

You too.

KYRA gets out of the car. SMITH drives out. KYRA walks down th road.

INT. APARTMENT IN MONSERVO/ NIGHT

The LANDLORD leads KYRA to an apartment door, numbered 318, and hands her the key. KYRA holds a plant pot in her hands so she moves it under her arm and takes the key. The LANDLORD is a person sized two-headed dragon.

LANDLORD

(First Head)

Well here you are.

KYRA

Thank you.

LANDLORD

(Other Head)

Oh, you smell so sweet. Is that strawberry.

KYRA smiles nervously.

KYRA

Shampoo.

LANDLORD

(first head)

So what brings you to MONSERVO psychic?

KYRA

Um, humans mostly.

LANDLORD

(First Head)

Yeah, thats most everyones reason.

The LANDLORD's OTHER HEAD sneezes and sets KYRA'S plant on fire.The FIRST HEAD hits the OTHER HEAD with his head.

LANDLORD

(other head)

Oh, I'm so so so so so sorry!

KYRA

It's fine

The plant starts growing back on it's own.

LANDLORD

(First Head)

Oh, are you sure your not a witch

KYRA

Yeah, no spells it just kind of happens.

LANDLORD

(Other Head)

Well I'm happy you found a place for yourself.

KYRA

Thank you.

KYRA looks slightly worried as the two-headed dragon landlord waddles away. She unlocks the door and walks in. The apartment's empty besides a child sized bed, and a nightstand. The apartment's only one room.

KYRA

Well its better than the old place.

KYRA puts the plant on the nightstand, and lies on the bed.

KYRA

Goodnight.

© 2015 waubbafet


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on April 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2015

Author

waubbafet
waubbafet

NC



About
Writer, muffin ... not much else really. Unless you count that hint of insanity. You know like basil in a boring tomato sauce. I'm obsessed with stories. more..

Writing
The Mythos The Mythos

A Story by waubbafet