(Old) The Hunt 4: The Fridge

(Old) The Hunt 4: The Fridge

A Screenplay by waubbafet

INT. APARTMENT 318/ SUNRISE

KYRA'S asleep in her bed with the PLANT next to her on a nightstand. She has no blanket and is covered in dried leaves. The room is painted white and besides a bed and a night stand has nothing in it. It's a one room apartment. Suddenly a fridge flies through her door smashing it in half. It smashes through her window without even slowing down. MARK runs in followed by a werewolf. MARK'S canine teeth are longer and more pointed. KYRA'S obviously woken up by this. She grabs her PLANT in reflex. MARK sees KYRA.

MARK

Oh, hi. Did you just move here?

KYRA nods yes, confused.

MARK

Cool.

The werewolf pounces him and pulls him into the light. He sizzles like eggs on a frying pan. The werewolf holds him by the neck and pulls him out the window. KYRA puts her PLANT down on the bed carefully, so it won't fall over. She then picks up her night stand and hits him with it. The werewolf doesn't notice.

KYRA

Sorry.

KYRA goes back to her bed. MARK sigh and knocks the werewolf on the floor and rolling out of the light. He looks like he has a sun burn all over his face and arms. The werewolf stumbles back. He starts transforming back into a person.

MARK

Guess you don't like the sun either.

MARK grabs him and bites him on the neck. MARKS drinks his blood. KYRA can't watch. She's huddled in a ball. While MARK drinks the werewolf's blood his sunburn heals. The werewolf passes out so MARK picks him up like he weighs nothing.

MARK

Well, I'll see you around. Um...

KYRA

Kyra.

MARK

Kyra. I'm Mark.

KYRA

(carefully, scared, confused)

It's nice to meet you.

MARK

Right.

MARK leaves.

KYRA

(to her PLANT)

You don't think everyone's going to be that, well, monstrous right?

The PLANT moves it stems up and down like it's shrugging.

INT. APARTMENT/ HALLWAY

The LANDLORD waddles quickly up the stairs. Just in time to see MARK carrying what looks like a dead body to his room.

LANDLORD

(other head)

I heard fighting. Is everyone alright?

The FIRST HEAD sees what MARK is carrying. Then the destroyed door.

LANDLORD

(first head, to mark)

What have you done

MARK

He started it.

MARK points to the now naked man on his back.

LANDLORD

(first head)

You know you're fixing this.

MARK

You have to be kidding.

KYRA calls out from her room.

KYRA

It's alright, I can pay for it.

MARK

Yeah, she can pay for it.

LANDLORD

(other head)

Don't be ridiculous. Of course, he's paying for the door. He broke it he pays for it.

KYRA

Um, alright then whatever works.

MARK

Really

LANDLORD

(first head)

Yes, do I need to start breathing fire?

MARK puts his hands up.

MARK

Fine, fine.

LANDLORD

(first head)

And if I find out you used that girls money.

MARK

I know.

The LANDLORD walks down stairs. MARK goes into his room and slams the door.

INT. APARTMENT/ HALLWAY/ SHORT TIME LATER

KATSURO walks out of this room looking like he's just woken up. His eyes look like a fox's. KATSURO walks to KYRA'S room and seeing there's no door knocks on the wall out of respect. KATSURO speaks with a slight Japanese accent.

KYRA

Katsuro, there's no door you don't have to knock.

KATSURO

I didn't want to barge in.

KYRA

Well then thanks.

KATSURO sits on the bed next to KYRA.

KATSURO

I see you've met Mark.

KYRA

Does he usually do this?

KATSURO

You should have seen when I first moved here. Did he hurt you?

KYRA

Oh no, I'm okay. I think my plant's more scared really.

The PLANT crosses it steams and twists its spine as if to face her.

KYRA

Okay, I'm more scared.

KATSURO smiles

KATSURO

Well, don't worry. I'll make sure nothing bad happens.

KYRA

I'd like that.

KATSURO gets up.

KATSURO

Oh and if you're not up to watch Pacific for me I can take off work.

KYRA

Oh no, I couldn't ask that. I'll be fine by tonight.

KATSURO

Thank you so much. You know you should really let me pay you.

KYRA

Don't worry about it. I have plenty of money.

KATSURO

Alright then. You know I really appreciate this.

KYRA

I know you say it almost constantly.

KATSURO walks out.

INT. APARTMENT 320/ NIGHT

KYRA unlocks the door and walks in. PACIFIC lies on the bed. He doesn't notice KYRA walking in.

KYRA

Hey Pacific

PACIFIC

Hello, Kyra.

KYRA takes a seat at the counter and puts her PLANT down on it.

KYRA

Katsuro's at work again so what do you want to do?

PACIFIC

Lie here.

KYRA

Oh, whats wrong.

PACIFIC turns to face her. He stares at KYRA saying nothing.

KYRA

Well, food usually cheers me up. Do you want to try that?

PACIFIC faces the ceiling again.

PACIFIC

(pause)

Can we get Chinese?

KYRA

Of course

KYRA picks up the phone on the counter.

INT. BACK ALLEY/ CAGE

There's an upper level inside the building called Back Alley. Shady people are there throwing money around and cheering. There's a drop to the lower level with a cage setting the levels apart. The bottom level is the only one lit. MARK is on one side of the bottom floor while a GIANT MADE OF ICE roars at him from another side.

MARK cracks his knuckles and stretches like the hero in a cheesy action movie that's about to start a fight. MARK is given an ax. The ICE GIANT is given a bigger ax. MARK looks scared, but he's decent at hiding it. The eyes are a giveaway.

The crowd starts to count down from ten.

MARK

I have to win.

A buzzer sounds and the giant swings his ax. MARK jumps out of the way.

MARK

For the money right. Yeah, what else would I need?

Two men in the crowd are talking.

MAN

That ice giants going to kick his a*s.

OTHER MAN

Na, the vamps won.

MAN

But it's an ice giant

OTHER MAN

You've never seemed him fight have you? Man, it's beautiful. I think he can take the angel for a minute tops.

MAN

A whole minute for a vampire. No way.

The ICE GIANT's ax gets stuck in the ground. MARK runs up it to his neck and takes a big swing. MARK takes a good chunk off and falls off. The ICE GIANT clutches his neck then wails and leaves crashing through a closed gate on his side of the room.

MARK

Well, that's never happened before.

People cheer and throw money down at him. He picks up a few bills on the way out.

OTHER MAN

Told you.

INT. BACK ALLEY/ LATER

Everyone is clearing out and MARK walks to the MAN standing by the door.

MARK

So how much did I get?

MAN BY DOOR

Here.

The MAN gives MARK a wad of cash held together. MARK quickly counts the cash.

MARK

That's it.

MAN BY DOOR

You're predictable, not too many people bet against you anymore. If you want more money throw a match or to. Call it quits before they can kill of course.

MARK

I'm not losing a match

MAN BY DOOR

Just sayin' you want money that's what you do.

MARK walks out with the cash. He's the last person to leave so the MAN closes the door behind him.

INT. APARTMENT 320

KYRA and PACIFIC sit on opposite ends of the counter eating Chinese food. PACIFIC tries to touch the PLANT curiously. The PLANT wraps around his finger tightly and squeezes. KYRA sees this and hits the PLANT.

KYRA

Stop it. He's not trying to hurt me. Why would you even think that?

The PLANT releases his finger. PACIFIC looks sad.

PACIFIC

Why did it stop? Does it not like me anymore.

KYRA

Pacific didn't that hurt?

PACIFIC

Hurt?

KYRA

You know like painful.

PACIFIC tilts his head like a confused dog.

KYRA

Never mind.

INT. THE BLIND CYCLOPS/ NIGHT

KATSURO's cleaning the bar. It's a relaxed place and not to busy. The ceilings really high up, like it's made for a giant to walk through. MARK walks in and goes to the bar. He's all bruised up from the fight.

KATSURO

The usual?

MARK

Like I can drink anything else.

KATSURO goes to the fridge and takes out a container of blood. He pours it in a matinee glass and puts salt along the outside. KATSURO slides it across the bar to him without spilling a drop. MARK takes a sip and his wounds begin to heal.

MARK

Salt was a nice touch.

KATSURO

Good. That's how you're supposed to make it.

MARK takes out the wad of bills. He pulls out a hundred and puts it on table.

MARK

You can give yourself a tip but I need change for that.

KATSURO takes the bill.

KATSURO

Don't spend all your money. You still have to pay for Kyra's door.

MARK

God why are you so nosey. Don't worry I have plenty of money. I wont be able to make rent this month but when do I ever.

KATSURO opens the cash register behind the bar and puts in the hundred. He takes out ninety dollars and gives it to MARK.

MARK

I said give yourself a tip.

KATSURO

You need the money more then me.

MARK

All right then. Your loss.

MARK puts the money back into the wad and takes another sip of his drink.

INT. APARTMENT/ HALLWAY/ NOT MUCH TIME PASSES

Theres a loud hammering sound. MARK hired some MEN to put in KYRAS door. KYRA walks out to investigate.

KYRA

What's going on?

MARK sees KYRA.

MARK

What I got you a door didn't I.

KYRA

Thank you.

MARK

Well I didn't do it for you.

KYRA confused is to tired to question it and goes back into the apartment room.

INT. APARTMENT 320/ SUNRISE

KATSURO comes home to find KYRA asleep in a chair head down on the counter, and PACIFIC asleep on the bed. KATSURO puts his jacket over KYRA, turns into a fox with two tails, and sleeps on the window stand.

© 2015 waubbafet


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on May 17, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2015

Author

waubbafet
waubbafet

NC



About
Writer, muffin ... not much else really. Unless you count that hint of insanity. You know like basil in a boring tomato sauce. I'm obsessed with stories. more..

Writing
The Mythos The Mythos

A Story by waubbafet