Philosophical musings

Philosophical musings

A Story by Anne Lyons

I've come to find by experience and social conventions that the majority of Philosophy professors don't believe in the existence of a creator or God rather. I would assume that most base their beliefs off of scientific theories and evidence that explain otherwise. After all, science is the key to many of the discoveries philosophers speculated on in the past. For example, Ptolemy asserted that the sun, moon, and planets revolved around the Earth. This, of course, was followed by trigonometry and charts that he used to prove his theory. We now know today that Ptolemy's theory was incorrect by way of advanced technology and science that is often used to prove a different set of theories on various topics.  Although one can assert that theories over time have always evolved in one shape or another, and if that is true then it can also be possible that what we believe as true, such as the creation of earth or evolution of life can also change as future decades attempt to improve theories or recreate new ones.  It appears that theories are evolving theories, and if theories evolve then a particular theory is either closer to the truth or further from the truth; the line between a creator or evolution. 

© 2015 Anne Lyons


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: #philosophy

Author

Anne Lyons
Anne Lyons

Sarasota, FL



About
more..

Writing
[Name] [Name]

A Story by Anne Lyons


Pikes Peak Pikes Peak

A Story by Anne Lyons