Mye and Myu (chapter 1)

Mye and Myu (chapter 1)

A Chapter by Gabby The GAB

Happy early afternoon, Christmas Eve. Snow was dwindling lightly, adding to the festive ambiance inside and out. Matt Scofield fussed with the decorations in his small Abies fraseri, making sure everything was in place. The tree, a real one, highlighted the ornaments he’d started acquiring when he’d married Yenah in 1923. She’d bought him lots of these and as they hung them carefully on the branches they’d relived their history, his and Yenah’s. She’d lost her memories almost thirty years ago but he remembered everything they’d spent together, even the little things.


His Favorite origami pieces were designed and arranged on his coffee table with majestic figurines settled in the manger. A large evergreen wreath hung on his front door. The house was reminiscent with the scents of love and joy "ready for Christmas.


Matt wanted everything perfect when his only granddaughter and her husband arrived. In preparation he’d baked some of his granddaughter’s favorite cookies. Matt loved his grandsons but his granddaughter was special, her eyes were the most beautiful pair of brown eyes he had seen that made him recall his young beautiful Yenah. Lovely, charming and calm were the words that came into his mind seeing his gorgeous granddaughter, resemblance to his wife.


Colorful lights shining in the ceiling like his granddaughter’s flamboyant personality outstanding the Christmas lights. As they sat around the dining table Matt welcomed his granddaughter and her husband with a juice of Citrus limon and his granddaughter’s favorite cookies.


After a while as they talked a lot of things remembering the days they’ve missed and reminisced. Matt’s granddaughter was fond of making him to tell her some stories in her younger days, so at that very moment after a long time she asked for a romantic story. Matt was taken aback for a moment, and from that instance with a smile on his face he said “I think it might as well be a good bedtime story to tell” and then he began . . . 



© 2017 Gabby The GAB


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 24, 2017


Author

Gabby The GAB
Gabby The GAB

Philippines



About
Each piece contains a dot of what you're looking for. Care to connect the dots? :) more..

Writing
Poem Poem

A Poem by Gabby The GAB