Julia's Memories

Julia's Memories

A Chapter by Emily Weaver
"

This is all about what Julia remembers

"

Julia’s Memories:

      “Hey, Julia!”

      Julia turned around to see a kid running towards her.

      “Oh, um, Eugene right?”

      He nodded with a goofy smile on his face. He flipped his perfectly gelled hair into place.

      “Yeah. So, what did you need?” Julia questioned as she went back to getting books out of her locker.

      “Well, uh, it’s about that project for Geography. Sorry, but the teacher just switched our partners. We are together while Alex and Leslie are together…” he trailed off, looking around.

      Julia looked at him, wondering if he had anything to do with this, but thought otherwise.

      “All right. That’s fine! When do you want to work on the project?” Julia pulled out a piece of paper and wrote her number on it.

      “W-well, we could work on it at my house. I-If you want to,” Eugene tugged at his shirt nervously and looked down.

      Julia nodded her head and passed the slip of paper over to him.

      “Just call or text me to let me know when ok?” Julia giggled when she saw him blush.

      He tucked the paper into his binder and ran off with a “Bye!!”

      Julia walked into Geography and went directly to Eugene.

      “Hey! How are you doing?” he asked as he scooted their two desks closer together.

      She blushed and said, “I had a lot of fun!”

      Eugene brushed a piece of hair out of Julia’s eyes and turned to the front.

      Julia turned too, her face as red as an apple. However, she noticed that Alex was glaring at Eugene.

      She turned to see if Eugene noticed, but he was oblivious.

      She studied Eugene’s profile. His perfectly straight nose, his light lips, his deliciously brown eyes staring at her…

      She gasped and blushed when she finally realized he was staring back at her.

      He smiled and slipped his hand into hers under the table.

      Julia then became very aware of Alex glaring at the both of them.

      Julia was walking home when she noticed there was a figure behind her. She turned around and saw Alex coming up behind her.

      She sighed and kept walking.

      “Julia, wait! We can still fix this�"“

      “No you can’t, Alex!” Julia snapped. “I broke up with you! I don’t love you anymore, ok?” She turned and started to walk away.

      “It’s because of him, isn’t it? Eugene?”

      Julia sighed and turned around, nodding slightly.

      Alex got a glazed look in his eyes, and finally said, “He’s gonna pay. You both will pay.” He glared once more, and then turned and walked the other way.

      Julia sprinted all the way up to her house. She slammed the door and basically fell up the stairs to her room. She called Eugene and told him that they needed to get out of here before Alex did anything.

      Once she got off the phone, she started throwing things into her suitcase. Then, Claudia walked in.

      “What are you doing?” Claudia asked, with an incredulous look.

      Julia told her about all that had happened and even started to cry.

      “B-But you don’t have to leave!” cried Claudia.

      Julia gave her a serious look and said, “Yes, I do. I have to, because I love him.”

      Claudia sniffled, but nodded with certainty.

...

      Julia waited on the porch for half the night before going back inside to lie down.

      “Where is he?” Claudia asked, looking out their window.

      Julia shook her head, confused. She stood up to go check the front door one last time. When she did, however, she noticed something was taped to the door. It read:

      Eugene is not coming, Julia. Sorry, but I could not let him come to whisk you away from me. He has… been taken care of. Enjoy your night.

      Even as she read the last line, she knew he was being snide. She covered her mouth and slid down to the floor. She started to cry. She knew she would have to go down there and confront Alex.

Then, she heard some rustling in the bushes.

      Julia threw her fist against the door, and looked around frantically.

      ‘Come on! Let me in!’ she screamed in her head.

      Finally, the door was pulled open, and she felt relief wash over her as she saw Alex standing in the shadow in front of the stairs.

      She rushed over to him; forgetting what he had done and put her arms around his neck.

      “Oh Alex! It is horrible! Someone is chasing me!” She started to cry. “Quickly! Close the door before they get here!”

      She tried to step back to look at his face, but felt arms crushing her spine. She wriggled as she tried to get out of his bear hug when a light flashed across his face.

      She stopped and stared in show when she realized that this was not Alex.

      Screaming, she kicked and punched the air, trying to make contact with this stranger. He struggled to keep her in place. But, just as he was going to fix his grip, Julia brought her nail right under his eye and scratched halfway down his face leaving a trail of blood.

      He howled in pain and lost his grip on Julia. She sprinted for the door and was almost out when Alex, the real one, swung the door open.

      “Alex?” Julia asked, and started to cry once more.

      “Where is he, Alex?” She was gaining more courage.

      He sneered at her, and grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face the bleeding man and covered her mouth.

      Once the man had gained his composure, the bleeding had stopped. He stepped toward her and kicked her in the gut. She groaned in pain, and then everything went black.



© 2011 Emily Weaver


Author's Note

Emily Weaver
This is way longer than what I usually do and I am pretty proud of myself! (:
Well, this is what Julia remembers and hopefully everything ties together. If there are any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to say it. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooh. Loved this. I wonder why Aaron didn't even notice that his brother's twisted. But anyway, keep on writing. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Is there going to be more? soon?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011


Author

Emily Weaver
Emily Weaver

TX



About
My name is Emily and I love to read romance novels... So that is a lot of what I write. I have been wanting to be a writer for a couple of years now because I just have such a strong interest in it. (.. more..

Writing
Bragging Bragging

A Story by Emily Weaver