The Date

The Date

A Chapter by Emily Weaver

      RECAP:

      “Alex?” Julia asked, and started to cry once more.

      “Where is he, Alex?” She was gaining more courage.

      He sneered at her, and grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face the bleeding man and covered her mouth.

      Once the man had gained his composure, the bleeding had stopped. He stepped toward her and kicked her in the gut. She groaned in pain, and then everything went black.

      Julia rubbed her eyes as they tried to get adjusted to the darkness.

      “Where am I?” she thought, just as her head hit the top of something. She then realized she was moving.

      It took her a while to figure out she was in the trunk of a car.

      She felt herself slam into the side when the car screeched to a stop. Her eyes singed as the trunk was opened and the light flooded in.

"Get out" the scar faced man said. 

Julia shook her head in defiance. "First you answer some questions. Ok first off: what is your name?"

The man looked taken aback.

"W-well my name is Charlie."

Julia nodded. "Where are we Charlie?" she gestured out towards the deep forestry behind her. 

Charlie got a dark look on his face when he replied, "this is where we pick up Eugene."

Julia's face flushed as she thought about him. 

...

Julia checked her watch as she waited impatiently by the door. She tugged at the hemline on her dress.

"Going on a date with Alex?" Claudia peered around the corner from the kitchen. 

Julia shook her head. "No. A friend from class is taking me out to celebrate an A on our project."

Claudia nodded but said no more as she raced off to answer the ringing phone. 

Right when she heard Claudia speaking, she jumped when the doorbell rang. She pulled open the door and smiles at the sight. 

Eugene was wearing a goofy grin while tugging on the tie of his suit. His hair was gelled back and his eyes glistened in the moonlight. Julia blushed. 

"You ready?" Eugene asked, taking Julia's hand in his. 

She nodded and let herself be lead out the door into the waiting car. 

One they got to the restaurant, they settled down and looked across at each other. 

"So. How’s... Alex?" Eugene finally asked. 

Julia looked down at her food guiltily. "Well... He's fine, I guess."

"Where does he think you are right now?" he asked, reading her mind. 

"Out with Claudia and Aaron. But you have to understand that he gets jealous about nothing! I mean, this doesn't mean anything but I still don't him to think anything of it." Julia trailed off.  

Eugene gazed around the room. 

"This doesn't mean anything to you?" he asked, his voice cracking. 

Julia looked at him while trying to figure out the right words. She ended up just shrugging and getting lost in his puppy brown eyes. 

Eugene looked away and said, " Well Julia, the reason I asked you out tonight was because I really like you."

      Julia looked away as she tried to think of a nice way to let him down when he put his hand on hers.

      “Before you say anything, can I show you something?” Eugene had a deep sincerity in his eyes.

      Julia nodded, and followed Eugene outside to the balcony of the restaurant. He pointed down to the sandy beach. Julia squinted to see what he was indicating. When she finally saw, she gasped.

      There were two seats out on the beach facing a giant blank screen.

      She turned to Eugene, confusion showing on her face.

      Eugene blushed and looked down. “I thought that you might want to see a movie after dinner…”

      Julia looked back at the chairs sitting on the beach and noticed a table in between them holding popcorn and Milk Duds.

      She giggles, “W-well we could have gone to the regular movie theater…”

      “They weren’t showing the movie I wanted there.” He took her hand in his and led her down the steps and into her chair.

      Julia laughed out loud when the movie title came on. “How did you know The Notebook was my favorite movie?”

      Eugene just passed her the popcorn and watched the screen.

      Once the end credits came on, Julia had to wipe many stray tears off her face. She turned to see Eugene doing the same thing.

      He turned and blushes when he saw her staring at him. Julia took his hand and they walked down the beach towards his car.

      They drove in silence all the way to her house. At Last started to play on the radio when they pulled in front of her house.

      She turned to say good night when Eugene crushed his lips onto hers. When he pulled his face away, Julia noticed he was smiling largely.

      Julia smiled back, embarrassed. As she started to get out of the car, she felt him tug her back. He pressed something small into her hand and handed her a rose.

      Julia rushed inside and shut the door quietly as she raced up to her room. She smelled the rose and realized that she hadn’t looked at what he had handed her.

     She saw that it was a small, ripped piece of paper. When she unfolded it, she giggled as she saw a sloppy heart drawn on it. Written inside the heart was: JF+ES.

      She sunk down onto the floor, put her face into her hands, and began to sob.



© 2011 Emily Weaver


Author's Note

Emily Weaver
New chapter! Hope you like it! I haven't written in over 3 weeks so I added a little recap. Please be HONEST about any changes I need to make. (: I will be writing continually for the people who are still reading. Thanks for staying with me (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was good! I really liked it! One suggestion... smaller font. Lol I felt my eyes going buggy cause the print is very large on my screen. It didn't take away from the story cause I was really engrossed in it, it was just a little difficult to see with the large print, but that is a really easy fix for you. Anyway, well done with this story! I really enjoyed it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was good! I really liked it! One suggestion... smaller font. Lol I felt my eyes going buggy cause the print is very large on my screen. It didn't take away from the story cause I was really engrossed in it, it was just a little difficult to see with the large print, but that is a really easy fix for you. Anyway, well done with this story! I really enjoyed it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

uuummmmm this is like an amazing chapter, so more please... soon:)
I love the tentative, sweet romance of Eugine and Julia:) it's so cute. And i am starting to wonder if the scar faced man, charlie, has a good side. great write emily!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aaaaw. Eugene's so cute. But I'm wondering why she wanted to say no to him. Was it because of Alex? Write more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 26, 2011
Last Updated on December 26, 2011


Author

Emily Weaver
Emily Weaver

TX



About
My name is Emily and I love to read romance novels... So that is a lot of what I write. I have been wanting to be a writer for a couple of years now because I just have such a strong interest in it. (.. more..

Writing
Bragging Bragging

A Story by Emily Weaver



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..