Why The Boston Bombings Are Our Fault

Why The Boston Bombings Are Our Fault

A Story by Wesley D. Stein

..

As long as man is governed by the ego, the mind will look for problems to solve like a dog chewing a bone. It can solve crossword puzzles, organize marathons and build bombs. Not only that but, I personally think, our collective minds create all that is around us and this world is much like an illusion created in the realm of our senses (quantum theory). If it sucks, it's only because that's what we think of ourselves. 

We are conditioned over centuries by the societal canon, and even more by the few years during our personal brain development (childhood) to be who we 'are'. I used to hate myself. Until I realized 'myself' was just my ego (the things I thought made me).
Everyone is saying how the world is so 'screwed up' but many of them don't realize that they, themselves have created it. 

My reason for posting all this: I think honest prayers for the victims right now are needed and will truly elevate the collective consciousness of our society and thus have a noticeable impact. But likewise, any prayers that serve only to make ourselves feel better, prayers you've no doubt heard in prayer circles, ones that ask God to shrink into a box so we can apply him like a household product to the stains of our society, will continue to lower the 'vibe' of our great nation and like Sandy Hook before this, today's event would serve then only as fuel to propel the next violent act forward. 

Let us stop preaching and start loving. You don't want gun violence and bombs around in twenty years? Then forget arguing with your neighbor, organizing with your friends and pleading to congress... just talk with your child.

© 2013 Wesley D. Stein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

669 Views
Added on April 15, 2013
Last Updated on April 15, 2013

Author

Wesley D. Stein
Wesley D. Stein

Durango, CO



About
I've been writing since childhood. I have published one novel "Son of the Sword, The River of Doors" which is now being rewritten as a concise volume rather than three separate books. I welcome all fe.. more..

Writing